Quote Originally Posted by jubee View Post
Thanks for the info. It all worked in the end. Excellent

Now that i stuffed around withy the Z axis home switch for fault finding i need to realign the ATC.

Any ideas ?
Its a Kiwa Excel 810 VMC with Fanuc 0-MC

I read in one post taking the brake off and moving the arm .... then adjusting the Z for the height.
Just cant work out how to move the arm
ussualy the motor of the arm has a hexagonal shaft on the end for a 12mm or 13mm socket key
also ussually there is a levier around the end of motor,where is the cover of the ventilator,to release the brake and be able to rotate by key the arm
Move the Z axis and rotate the arm untill you reach the perfect position where will be a gap on the upper side ,around 0.5-0.7mm like in the hand draw i made for you to understand
most of people do not know the science behind it but i willl let it here to be understand
the arm profile is smaller than the tool groove like i show in the drawing and it is need it becasue when the tool is release from spindle must drop on the arm holder and not to damage the arm by pulling it up or pushing it down
when the arm will come with the tool to the spindle ,the gap will be on the lower side and when the tool will be clamped that must have a space for the axial movement of 0.5-0.6mm for a BT40 tool and will not pull the arm up while clamping
so that is the best position for a tool change where the sequence will run smooth and with no visible movement of the arm ,up or down while clapming or unclamping from the spindle
If you do not know exactly if your arm motor can be moved by key just show us a picture from above and we will see
The pciture is for a tool in spindle already clamped and the arm that is coming to the spindle side.
Good luckClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ARM-TOOL.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	489400