Quote Originally Posted by ardenum2 View Post
What's your budget and what kind of accuracy do you want? Do you want to produce parts for fun? or occasionally as a jobshop? There's plenty of options. We can guide you but we need more data..
Hi Ardenum, About budget, mostly I'm thinking about the steel price and how much it will take to prepare it, hardware I will use what I bought already, at the same time I'm trying to build a machine that is copy to langmuris, to cut parts for fun mostly will be granite engraving, aluminum, it would be good if I can cut steel like langmuris, if I can get it to get better than them would be even better, also occasionally as a jobshop I would like to cut parts for university students.

Stiffness is key to any performance. If you want to cut steel with a langmuirs copy, I have very bad feelings about that
is that because langmuris machine is not stiff enough ? or because I can't copy it good

If you want to cut steel faster you need a different frame for that. If you want absolute best performance at a budget, you need a double column raising gantry.
You mean the Y rails should be supported and connected to the bed ? like this