588,578 active members*
12,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Gantry 3-axis milling machine Design preparation phase

Hybrid View

Re: Gantry 3-axis milling machine Design preparation phase

Been reading the MR-1 forum and they are moving away from concrete to epoxy granite. They say this is because the EG cures faster so the build is faster. They say the concrete and EG machines behave equally... But I also expect from watching some clients assembly videos & what they say is the concrete was hard to do, need something that flows better around the steel embedment's. Peter

Re: Gantry 3-axis milling machine Design preparation phase

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Been reading the MR-1 forum and they are moving away from concrete to epoxy granite. They say this is because the EG cures faster so the build is faster. They say the concrete and EG machines behave equally... But I also expect from watching some clients assembly videos & what they say is the concrete was hard to do, need something that flows better around the steel embedment's. Peter
    Hi peter, yes i saw this at their forum, as you said before i'm planning to use Grout or a better concrete mix.