Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
Hi Mogi - The usual answer to dancing light machines is to bolt them to the ground. So The machine would be bolted to the stand and the stand to the floor, now it weighs what the earth weighs. This is why industrial robots can move very fast. Some commercial VMC makers recommend floor bolting, some don't.

There are many things to consider in a machine design, you just have to work through all the issues and make the best decision for you. I think your at a spot where you need to rest and settle out a direction then go for it. Peter

addition: I think I have misinterpreted how the concrete base works. The bolts to the bed are preassembled and then pushed into the concrete to the "floor" Now the loadpath is thru the bed to the bolts to the frame. I'm very worried about that because when the concrete uncouples from the frame its nearly free floating. Its only then held on by the embedded walls. Even more evidence why they go to EG.
Yes i will go back to z make sure it's stiff enough, then i move forward from there.