587,700 active members*
3,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Just ordered the last melon (Torus)

Hybrid View

Re: Just ordered the last melon (Torus)

An easy workaround for your math issues is to just use the built in calculator in Windows. My keyboard has a dedicated calculator button, you push it, you have a calculator. It even provides history to your calcs. You do your math, you punch it in the control. But yes, I would agree, a match capable input would be sweet. That said, using a touch probe nearly removes the need for both.

Re: Just ordered the last melon (Torus)

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    An easy workaround for your math issues is to just use the built in calculator in Windows. My keyboard has a dedicated calculator button, you push it, you have a calculator. It even provides history to your calcs. You do your math, you punch it in the control. But yes, I would agree, a match capable input would be sweet. That said, using a touch probe nearly removes the need for both.
    Good to hear from you again, CLM. This is a new to me refurbished Dell laptop that I'm using for Fusion 360 and Solidworks and I never noticed the Calc key. Thanks for that. My mill pc motherboard is still running Windows 7 and I'll have to check if it has the Windows Calculator also.

I hear you on the touch probe. I have downloaded ProbeIt and hope to get my Drewtronics probe up and running soon.

After the Face Mill, 2D Adaptive, and 2D Pocket operations.

Attachment 490756

After another set of 2D Adaptive and 2D Pocket operations.

Attachment 490758

After Spot Drill and Drill operations.

Attachment 490760

After Bore, 2D Adaptive, and 2D Contour operations.

Attachment 490762

Finished part after Chamfer operation.

Attachment 490762

The part on the left was milled on the Torus and the part on the right was milled at school on a Haas TM-2.

Attachment 490764

Attachment 490766

I had made the Fusion 360 CAD and CAM at school for a project. To run it on my mill I changed the Post Processor from Haas NGC to UCCNC. I also changed Tool 1 from a Face Mill to a 3/4" end mill, disabled Tool Changes, slowed the RPM's down from 6000 to 4600, and set up my own tool library.