I had actually run that part from the last post way back on March 5.

There were quite a few “firsts” accomplished on my little Torus during the milling of that part.

1. Used the “Black and Blue” UCCNC version 1.2113 for the first time.
2. Used Fusion 360 to generate the CAM and g-code for the first time. The last part made back in 2020 used SolidWorks CAM.
3. Used TTS tool holders for the first time.
4. Used tool length offsets for the first time in UCCNC.

My next major goal was to get Probing up and running. My Drewtronics probe had been bought in 2020 and it was high time it was put into service. Here is my janky “temporary” connection from 2020.

Attachment 491494

I started out with a TIR of 2 to 2.5 thousands. Not too bad for out of the box and who knows how much of that is in the probe as compared to the spindle/R8/TTS ER20 stackup.

Attachment 491496

Probe runout is adjusted similar to dialing in a four jaw lathe chuck. I don’t know how, but I managed to get the TIR under 1/4 thousandth (<0.00025”).

Attachment 491498

My next step was to download and install ProbeIt for UCCNC from CraftyCNC.com. Eric Brust, who runs CraftYCNC as a one man show, has made it really easy to demo ProbeIt as detailed below.

This is otherwise a fully functional demo, and may be licensed if you find it useful. Future updates to this plugin will not alter the licensing scheme in anyway, so once a license is purchased, the plugin will continue to work indefinitely, on any PC, without internet connection. The license is tied to your UCCNC controller and SN however.

I downloaded ProbeIt for UCCNC version 2.200 and got the following error.

Attachment 491500

I contacted Eric and he replied that he had forgotten to include some needed files in the download. He suggested that I download and install version 2.201 and that did the trick.

One of the reasons I went with ProbeIt instead of the UCCNC Probing routines is that ProbeIt has the ability to do probe calibration, unlike UCCNC. Lacking a true ring gauge to use with probe calibration, I used the next best thing.

Attachment 491502

I used double sided tape to keep the trailer wheel roller bearing from moving around during the probe calibration routine.

Attachment 491504

And into every life must come a little sorrow.

Attachment 491506