Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
Hi Roger- You will have to ask cnc3d about the imperial units. Freedom Units? haven't heard them called that before. There are only 3 countries in the world that use imperial now: Liberia, Myanmar and the USA. Seems USA took metric very easily when it came time to decimalise its currency, then stopped with everything else. Sad but one day it may happen, officially adopted by USA in 1866 but the take up is slow... Peter
I recognize the clear advantages of the metric system and I've tried to work in it when I first got into 3d printers that like metric, but old dog syndrome kicks in. I just can't visualize what 13 mm is without in my head saying 13mm is about a 1/2", but was it over or under 1/2" Hum, I forget.... In the end my pore little brain is wasting valuable cycles trying to convert everything that I can't think through my project. Clearly the Metric system is better in every way, but my old brain has been programmed in inches and there are no firmware updates available.

I did post a comment on one of there videos and they quickly replied

"It certainly will be in the next release. It is already implemented. We're just wrapping up a LOT of new features."

So Commander & Nighthawk is still in the running! This sure seems like an active up and comming project! To a new customer the Centroid Acorn while likely rock solid and absolutely usable "feels" like it hasn't seen a software update since the Clinton administration. Linux CNC doesn't even seem usable to me without a consultant to set it up for me (and is still an option). Mach 4 is the easy obvious answer, but I'm not sold yet.

Thanks for the input!