Hi,
I use Mach4, and that can easily move six axes simultaneously, but cannot do kinematics.

I can draw the part in Fusion CAD, and then generate a toolpath with Fusion CAM, but the origin of the part has to be coincident with the centre of rotation of the machine.
There are controllers that you can touch off to a part in the vise, and the machine will automatically alter the Gcode necessary to match it to the centre of rotation. This last feature requires that
the controller be able to do kinematics.

Mach4Hobby and Mach4Industrial cannot do that, or at least as shipped from the manufacturer, although some users have programmed it to do so. To my knowledge there are few hobby grade
motion controllers that have this feature. I don't know whether LinuxCNC has it as standard, but it can certainly be programmed into it.

It seems that the majority of industrial controllers (Fanuc, Siemens, Mazak, Mitsubishi, Heidenhain etc) that can do this thing are all very expensive, not really hobby class at all.

I have nearly finished my trunnion fifth axis. I will continue with Mach4 but realise that I will set to set material in the vise such that it corresponds to the machine center of rotation. This might
be considered a limitation, but for many years all five axis machines were like that. I don't think it will prevent me from using simultaneous five axis toolpaths. When I built the fifth axis I was very
particular that I left the centre of rotation free so that I could touch off to it and set the work coordinates of my machine.

If this works then maybe I'll try writing my own kinematics module......but that's down the track aways yet.

Craig