587,997 active members*
1,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

NCPlot Final beta now available

This is it!! The last NCPlot beta is now available, and the release of NCPlot v2.00 has been scheduled for March 1st! The pre-release pricing offer will expire at release, so take advantage of it while you still can...

Download NCPlot at:

www.ncplot.com

NCPlot v2.0 Release Candidate 4 Release Notes
    January 27, 2007

Bug Fixes
    =========

NCPlot would crash on startup if the scripting engine could not be started. This is fixed.

Canned cycles were resetting the active feedrate if no "F" word was commanded on the canned cycle block. This was causing incorrect warning messages when the feedrate check warning is enabled.

The G09 command was causing NCPlot to ignore the corresponding motion command. This is fixed.

General
    =======

Added the tool "Jump to Line Number" to the Edit menu. This tool will prompt for a file line number and then move the cursor to the entered line. Note that this will be the *file* line number and not the "N" block number.

Adding the ability to read "SPLINE" objects when importing DXF drawings. This is not finished, it currently only creates a polyline through the control points.

Keep in mind that development will continue with the release of periodic updates after release. So if you've requested a feature and it's not in for the release version, that doesn't mean it's not going to make it, it just means I haven't managed to work it in yet.

Thanks,
    Scott

Scott,

I just purchased a V2 License today. LOL, it only took a year to finally buy it, but well worth every penny:rainfro:

Thanks for the great Program.

Cheers
    :cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks Toby! I knew you'd get around to it eventually

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MetLHead View Post
    Thanks Toby! I knew you'd get around to it eventually

Scott

A year is just plain LAZYNESS

BTW: How about for your next Version a 6 Axis Lathe with Live tools.

PM me if you want the Machine Configurations. I'll get some stuff together and send it to you. I hope you have a LARGE EMAIL BOX, LOL:rainfro:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks Scott for an excellent program with SUPER support.

It has paid for itself many times over in saving material, time and (unbroken) tool bits.

Red face Ooops!!!!!!!

Ok Scott,

Ditch the first Drawing. There were a few mistakes that had to be corrected. You should get the next one in a few minutes.

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Pres,

Thanks! I like to hear that everything's going well!

Toby,

Yep, I got your drawing.

Thanks,
    Scott

z axis question

From the outset it looks like ncplot is awesome. I am using Rhino V3 but I will V4 tomorrow. I want to use TurboCNC with Rhino but I couldn't find a good conversion program, until now.
    I will be making wax rings for casting but when I convert the ring using ncplot my Z axis is set to zero. I have read the ncplot tutorials but can't figure this one out. Please tell me that I don't have manually put in the Z axis because some of my designs are very complex.

So.....why does my z axis always set to zero? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanx in advance for any help!

-=7ofclubs=-
    -=sHrEk=-

The DXF importing in NCPlot is designed mainly for creating 2.5D G-Code. It reads the drawing layers in and lets you set the machining parameters for each layer. It does not read the Z axis depths from the drawing. At one time I had thought about doing this, but it seemed to work well the way it was. If you have a drawing you can send me, I can re-look at doing this.

Thanks,
    Scott

ring example

Scott, you are totally awesome, thanx for considering it.

What I have done is made a small CNC machine. I don't have a Y table because I will use it as an axis to make the rings. Some of the ring designs I have are fairly complicated and it would be impossible, not to mention time consuming, for me to figure out the Z settings for each cut.

As I stated before some of my designs are fairly complicated and use celtic knots, skulls, ring settings. One thing I am working on now are Indian spin rings. The spin ring is actually two rings, one fit inside the other, so that the outside ring spins around the bottom ring.

If you could help me out with this you have an instant customer.

Attached is a fairly simple spin ring in .dwf format.

-=wEsLeY=-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -=sHrEk=-

Hi Wesley,

I looked at the drawing you attached, and it appears to be a 3D mesh of your part. Since NCPlot is not a CAD/CAM system, it will only create G-Code from drawings that already represent the toolpath. I don't think that it will do what you need from a drawing like this, I think you should be looking at a CAM program to do this.

Thanks,
    Scott

Thanx

Thanxs Scott,

I appreciate your time, can you recommend a good, cheap, CAM program?

-=wEsLeY=-
    -=sHrEk=-

Wesley,

I'm not a CAM expert, but there's a system called RhinoCAM that runs inside of Rhino. I don't know anything about it, but I hear about it a lot so I thought I'd mention it. I'm sure there are others here on the Zone that can give you some expert advice, you could try starting a new thread and see if anybody can help you with this.

Thanks,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 7ofclubs View Post
    Thanxs Scott,

-=wEsLeY=-
    Wesley,

Check this Forum out here on CNC Zone and These other three. You might find what your looking for.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

http://www.emastercam.com/

http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/

http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php

Cheers!!!!!:rainfro:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by 7ofclubs View Post
    Thanxs Scott,

-=wEsLeY=-

http://www.ob.com/catalog/no-charge-...ade-p-200.html

NOCharge is about as cheap as youcan get.....but you have to have rhino 3d to make it work>

Mike

ps.....I'm terribly intrigued on your design and how you are going to get it to work? Care to share? or top secret?
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

I recommend ProNCE editor from DLoG. Can download 30 day trial from www.dlogsfdm.com

Try CamBam. Totally free, needs .Net 2.0 to run. You will also find a thread at:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14963

This thread has many pages to digest.

Here is the designer's website:
    http://www.brusselsprout.org/CAMBAM/

RipperSoftware

Wow! Why the heck can't Mach estimate run time this fast? Nice looking program. Is ncplot able to perform the instructions on simulated stock material? Also, what will be the final cost after the pre-release offer expires?

Quote Originally Posted by MetLHead View Post
    This is it!! The last NCPlot beta is now available, and the release of NCPlot v2.00 has been scheduled for March 1st! The pre-release pricing offer will expire at release, so take advantage of it while you still can...

Wildcat,

NCplot only gives you a wireframe graphic, so there's no simulation of the part stock.

Initial pricing of NCPlot v2 will be set at about $300. Of course, there will be discounts for students and educators and multiple license purchases. NCPlot licenses can be purchased on the NCPlot website and will also be available through Mike Lynch's site, www.cncci.com

Thanks,
    Scott

Is there an idea of what maintenance releases might cost in the future?

Page 1 of 3 123