Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
you also have cars back to back across the saddle. Agree that's ideal structurally but how are you going to assemble it in practice? Time to look at assembly logic as well
My FEA software allows me to set "Physics = off" for objects, I have multiple parts loaded and set them to invisible and physics off instead of deleting them, that way I can quickly do an optimisation using an old part to compare against the new one. I will remember to remove them before I export as a step file next time.

I just spent a lot of time tuning and validating my FEA data and meshing. The deformation maps had started taking like 5 to 10 minutes each until I did something about it.

I am glad I didn't spend hours working out a bolt plan for the saddle as I have decided to use the 35mm bearings all round instead, did the finances last night, was a much of a muchness, and the difference between the 25mm is like chalk and cheese, 3.6 tons max static load compared to 6.9 for the 35s. And their geometry alone makes them so much stiffer never mind the quality of fit. And I can see there is no chance of reducing my machine weight below 400Kg.