Quote Originally Posted by sansbury View Post
This is the quote I got for a Mini a couple weeks ago. I went with this over the Super since the Super requires 3-phase power and I am pretty constrained there with a 100A panel.

This does have the probe/toolsetter which would be another 5K on the Tormach. So call it 56K to be apples to apples. I still might buy the Haas too, but it is more of a horse race now than it was when the choices were between the 1100MX, Syil, and Haas. I do like that the Haas is assembled in the US, though how much of the components are, not sure.

Attachment 504254

On service, I think it might be a push? On one hand I like the idea of being able to call the HFO and have a tech come and fix it. On the other hand, when the Z axis brake on my 1100 failed, the replacement part was $300 and an hour of my time. I bought it 11 years ago as a basic machine then added the PDB 5 years later and the ATC a couple years after that, so I'm not afraid of the inside of it. It's pretty simple when you get down to it. Owning a Haas out of warranty scares me a little tiny bit.

totally understandable . I production run 440's and others in a small 1000 sqf shop with somewhat limited power . A separate line to the shop would have been ideal . Worst case if a mill is shot I can drag it out the door and replace it . A haas repair can get costly especially when adding on the cost of a service technician . Plus I don't know about where you are but the techs here are absolute morons and hardly mechanically inclined let alone fit to fix a machine . Fortunately mini mill fixes aren't a regular thing , they are great machines within reason
I just see it as once the dollar value gets to a point then it's worth paying the extra if a guy can fit it into the situation . In my case I look at both and think I can plop in a decent number more 440's , the more spindles running the more I'm earning but thats just for my situation which isn't for everyone

the tormachs rapid speeds and the through spindle is nice . I'm sure they'll fit them into a lot of institutions and prototyping facilities . It definitely puts the haas office mill to shame