587,547 active members*
3,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Lathe > Concept Turn 155 Turret Make / Model (Live Tooling)

Concept Turn 155 Turret Make / Model (Live Tooling)

Folks,

Any chance someone with a Concept Turn 155 that has the turret with live tooling could drop a reply here with the manufacturer and model number info or a pic of the model plate? I'm looking at a retrofit of one where the machine is like new, but it was the "economy" model with the more basic turret and I'm on the lookout for the more capable turret so I can do a bit of an upgrade.

Thanks!

Re: Concept Turn 155 Turret Make / Model (Live Tooling)

My 325-II uses a Sauter 0.5.474.510 turret. I believe the 155 used the same turret when the live tool option was fitted.

Sauter still has a 0.5.473.5xx turret listed on their site and it appears identical to mine.

If you do find one, be prepared for some financial pain when tooling it up with live tools. While they're not as expensive when new as bigger VDI holders or BMT, unlike the more common sizes VDI16 live tools are essentially unobtainium on the used market.

I've been searching world-wide for 4 years, and I've yet to find a used live tool that fits the Sauter turret & drive. New - axial are about $1100 and radial are about $2k.

Re: Concept Turn 155 Turret Make / Model (Live Tooling)

Much appreciated. I just figured I'd put the question out there so I know what to keep an eye out for, should one happen to pop up somewhere. I realize that I'm more likely to come across another complete lathe that has the c axis and turret I'm looking for than to find the turret by itself, but since these things only come up once in a while, figured it can't hurt to ask. The 325-II is the model that I ultimately would love to have so I could eliminate a ton of second op work, but they're rare as hens' teeth. While the live tool holders are crazy expensive, I could actually recover the cost pretty quickly in saved second op labor time. I have a few parts that could be run lights out and never need to see a second op in the mill.