588,055 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Need to fix the stepper motor issue

Need to fix the stepper motor issue

Hi,

I have been using the nema17 stepper motor for my CNC machine functions. But, the stepper motor is not working or rotating after tested the product. We have been using the following tutorial for the testing(https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=VMP...ature=youtu.be). So, Can anyone help me with the issue in the project (attached the screenshot )?

Thanks

Re: Need to fix the stepper motor issue

It seems like your NEMA17 stepper motor isn't functioning properly for your CNC machine. Troubleshooting steps include checking wiring connections, verifying the power supply, ensuring correct driver settings, inspecting mechanical components, and testing with different drivers or axes. If issues persist, contact the motor manufacturer or supplier for further assistance or a potential replacement.

Do you have something to send it step/direction pulses, like a MPG handwheel?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I have tested the jumper wire connection and driver settings. It has a correct input and output voltage level. Also, I have tested the stepper motor with our vendor and they shared this video (https://macfos-my.sharepoint.com/per...2D9d22648ce017) which is working properly with DM542 stepper motor driver. But we are using DRV8825 with Arudino UNO. So, we need to fix this issue.

Can you suggest the exact MPG device for the CNC machine to purchase in the market?