588,202 active members*
4,635 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Editing Ladder on 18-T Control

We have a Toshiba TUE-15 lathe that I need to edit the ladder on. Our safety manager found out that the hydraulics don't shut off when E-stop is pressed. He told the maintenance manager that they must turn off with E-stop for safety whom tasked me with the issue. Rather than wire a relay inline with the contactor coil, I thought it would be way easier to edit the ladder. On a several other Toshiba TUE lathes with a 15-T control, I was able to enable the programmer and whack a N.O. SAR contact (Control ON) in the rung that turns the hydraulic pump output Y4.0 ON. The problem is the EDIT softkey doesn't appear on the 18-T control after turning Programmer Enable and RAM Write Enable to ON. We have a few other lathes with 18-T controls and I'm not able to get the programmer up on any of them. We have around 100 different machines with various Series of Fanuc controls and I've never had a problem getting the programmer up and running. Do the 18-T controls not have a built-in ladder editing capability? If not, I'm guessing I'd need a copy of FAPT to edit it externally?

Re: Editing Ladder on 18-T Control

indeed you can not edit these controllers and there are 2 ways
    -one use a sram memeory card of 4MB and take out the laader,open in FLADDER III,edit,convert and put back
    -an easier way si to connect via RS232 with FLADDER III with the ONLINE coection option,view the l ldder on laptop,edit it and finally you need to save it to FROM

Thank you for the prompt reply. I was afraid of that, not sure why they display the "Programmer Enable" option when it's not available. I also wasn't sure if we needed FAPT or Fladder, so I appreciate you clarifying that. Unfortunately, we don't have either. Business has taken a down-turn this year and money is tight so I doubt I'll be able to get the bean counters to spring the $$$ for Fladder. At one point I scammed a copy of it off a USB stick when a tech was installing something or another on a machine at my last job, but that computer crashed and I never made a back-up copy of it.

I have most variants of FLADDER. Email me [email protected].

Wouldn't you be better served by getting a factory ladder/solution that would satisfy this safety requirement?
    I've been in a situation where there was an injury on the job and the ladder of the machine was taken into question.
    If you're "fingerprints" were on the ladder and a safety issue is at hand there may be an opening for litigation.

You are assuming that the control is a -B or -C model; the -A model does not have a pcmcia slot.