588,657 active members*
5,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shipping from USA to UK

Sorry, not sure where to ask this question ?

In in the UK and i need to know what is the best company to use for shipping from USA to UK.

I will be in the UK, purchasing the service, i would like a service to pick up from a location in the USA and ship it to me.

Anybody done this, can advise me thanks

Dave
    UK

Re: Shipping from USA to UK

I suggest you add more details. Size? Weight? via Air or surface? who do you expect to handle Customs? Will the item(s) be packaged /crated in advance? Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RaderSidetrack View Post
    I suggest you add more details. Size? Weight? via Air or surface? who do you expect to handle Customs? Will the item(s) be packaged /crated in advance? Etc.
    Thanks for quick reply, items will already be packed, i would give size and weight ready for pickbup. Mostly boxes of sizes 10- 20" length, 10 - 20" width and 6" thick. Probably weighing 1 - 5lb. Air would be faster, 1- 2 week delivery ok, hope thats a good general description.

Are you refering to yourself or a nationwide courier company.

Thanks Dave

Re: Shipping from USA to UK

I'm not in the shipping business.

I mostly responded as I'm a Moderator and see a number of threads where the provided information is less than complete.

I suggest you create an account at both Fedex and UPS, then put the details of your various boxes into their site and calculate the costs as individual cartons. Then consider consolidating the smaller cartons into a "shipment", which is likely to get a better rate. I believe both of those carriers will charge you to handle Customs paperwork, and consolidating packages into a "shipment" probably will lower the Customs paperwork costs.

I would also explore how / whether a Post Office (like USPS) shipment compares to the commercial carriers. I believe that if you use say USPS there is a form that you can fill out yourself for Customs paperwork.

Note in all cases you may have to pay Customs / Import fees and perhaps Taxes, depending on the particular circumstances.