Forget the CAM drawings. A CNC mill can work equally well in either system regardless whether the leadscrews are metric or imperial. It could be bananas per inch, a slong as you know the convertion factor eveything is fine.

For manual use you need either metric screws with metric dials or inch screws with inch dials. A Metric screw with inch dial used to machine metric dimensions would be a nightmare.

I doubt you will save much importing from the States once you consider import duty/VAT, shipping and paperwork. Also how would you return a faulty machine.

Regards
Phil

Quote Originally Posted by alexccmeister View Post
Hi All,

Looking at buying an X2 mill from www.axminster.co.uk. The reason is that they sell their equipment in metric. I would prefer to get from the states as the same equipment is cheaper. However, can someone tell me if there is really any other difference other than the measurements? I normally works with metric but I wouldn't mind working in inches except its abit confusing for me having to think in inches. And all my cam drawings are all in mm. So a pain in the a@# to change them to inches. Please help.

Alex