588,606 active members*
7,880 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Smile Pipes

Well ccsparky, after seeing yours and the fact I couldn't find a shiny pipe store, I had to come up with some way to get that effect, not to mention how much smother the pipe is. The only problem is the wood bearing left heat marks so it is darker in the locations where it was located. I am going to redo the holder out of 2x6 and use up some of the extra bearings I got along with some angle aluminum. Hopefully I can make setup that will allow less friction and to clean up the heat marks.

Thanks for the comments and ideas you guys are making this a better machine with improvement that you guys make. I noticed Joe made a thread http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29977 but nobody has consolidated all the fantastic ideas / modifications in there yet . Maybe Joe could set up some kinda of format for people to use to record there improvement/ mods. This way we have a quick reference to the tricks you quy’s have come up. Well just a thought. I know I was real happy to see the thread made, and 282 people have looked at it. I realize it is a lot of work to locate all the great ideas. That is why I suggested Joe set the rules and have everyone post there own. Maybe even score / give a brief of what it accomplished or even if they think they may have improvement to the original idea. Thanks again guys for taking the time to post your trials and tribulations while building your Joes 2006 model. ( and you know he has us all hooked and has a new plan in the works ) Can’t wait to see it.

Red face One step closer

Howdy Guys I got a few things done,here are a couple of pixs .
    I have a question for you guys. what wire are you using ? I have misplaced mine that came with my kit. I was sure I would need more anyways, but heck would of been nice not to replace what I already had. O'Well it will show up one day. I am pretty sure I will be doing this again :wee: . I saw some security wire at Lowes 6 wire I believe and it was shielded.I will check on it again. I was looking into jacks to enable me to disconnect easily.XLR 6 Pin Cable Mt(f) Neutrik Connector looks like it would work nice. what do you think? and please recommend what ever you think would work better.

thanks for checking this out, and any advise that you may have.

Kent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FrontLeftView .jpg   FrontRightSide.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by calgrdnr View Post
    Howdy Guys I got a few things done,here are a couple of pixs .
    I have a question for you guys. what wire are you using ? I have misplaced mine that came with my kit. I was sure I would need more anyways, but heck would of been nice not to replace what I already had. O'Well it will show up one day. I am pretty sure I will be doing this again :wee: . I saw some security wire at Lowes 6 wire I believe and it was shielded.I will check on it again. I was looking into jacks to enable me to disconnect easily.XLR 6 Pin Cable Mt(f) Neutrik Connector looks like it would work nice. what do you think? and please recommend what ever you think would work better.

thanks for checking this out, and any advise that you may have.

Kent
    Kent,

Your machine looks very nice! I like the legs you have incorperated into the build! Check out Jay's site he has a really nice power supply enclosure and is using some jacks for his cabling also. The cabling I am using right now is 22awg. I plan on using no less than 18awg as once I hang my enclosure I'll be adding several feet to the length of the cable and want to make sure I don't have any line loss and if I add bigger motors in the future I should be set.

Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming!

Thanks ccsparky,
    I will go back and eyeball Jays control box. also great idea going to 18 gage.I am watching Jay's "Tim Taylor :idea: type improvement" More power! grunt grunt grunt. I am sure his will work with out all Tims mishaps.I am sure I will look into upgrading when I learn how to do all this. More power is just better some times As for the legs they were put on the first Joes 2006. I liked the look of them in a bit. not to mention, I didn't have to round off the corners here is picture of Joe 2006 original legs ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails completewith 4X4 legs.JPG