587,291 active members*
3,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 6 1234
    Mr Bean,
    Very nice CB.

Can we embed videos in any thread in CNCzone? Or just this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Glidergider View Post
    Can we embed videos in any thread in CNCzone? Or just this thread.
    Should be able to embed in any thread.

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    Geof, visit the original page for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeUMDY01uUA

Look at the frame on the right side, where it says Tags, URL, Embed

Copy the text from Embed window and paste it in the Zone message body.

That's it. No need to sign in or register.
    I tried it but all I get is that code writen on the message when I try to preview.

Mr Bean,
    What are you making with Sophe?
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    I tried it but all I get is that code writen on the message when I try to preview.
    You have to make sure you copy the entire text from embed window, including signs <> and word object

Thanks, Walter.

I will try again, I don't know what the problem is because I made sure I copied everything. The same code works perfectly on this thread.

Yeah, not every sub forum allows this. I just noticed..

Quote Originally Posted by Glidergider View Post
    Mr Bean,
    What are you making with Sophe?
    Dave
    Hmmmm. Long story.
    My daughter is called Sophie. She'll be 3 this week.:cheers:
    She's disabled, both physically and mentally.

I'm making an electronic "communication aid" as it's unlikely that she'll ever speak. At least I'm trying to make one anyway. I'm not sure on all the details yet. That circuit is just for one part of it.

Also electronics isn't really my thing, so I might just be making a pile 'o' bits.
    I'll see what it is when it's done.

Regards Terry.

Tell Sophie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY from her friends in CNCzone. I hope your project works out. My daughter is a Electrical Engineering student and I sent her a link to your video. I'm trying to inspire her into a project (that I can help her with using the cnc cutter). She's about a year away, in her learning, from making something practical.

Good luck with Sophie's project. Do you have a build thread on it anywhere?
    Dave

Thanks Dave. There is no build thread. I'm not even totally sure what I'm building yet?? I purchased some sound recording modules, but they require the switch to be continually held down to play the message. The circuit board in the video is for a 555 timer. Using this, I can generate a pulse long enough to play whatever is recorded on the module, without the switch needing to be continually pressed down. The idea was that she, (My daughter) could have different switches to say she's hungry, thirsty, hot, cold etc... That kind of thing. I'm not going to go into too much about it here, after all this is a "Cool Videos" thread.
    It's good to hear your daughter is doing well as an EE student. The times I've wished I gotten into that field. Too late for me though I reckon. PCB Milling is an excellent use for CNC. Even just drilling the holes for you is a real time saver. It sounds like It would be an ideal thing for you and your daughter to do together. Should be a lot of fun too. Good luck with that. If I can help with anything, how to's, software, etc.... Just shout. I'll help if I can.

Regards Terry.

The times I've wished I gotten into that field. Too late for me though I reckon.
    It is never too late. At the beginning of the 60s a friend of mine was over 40 and decided to trade profession, he was a carpenter and began to study to become an Electronic Technician. A few years later my fiend entered into the medical equipment field as an Xray equipment Field Engineer. Went to a training to Canada and at the beginning of the 70s began to work on Siemens equipment. At the middle of the 80s he retired, stayed a couple of years home and received an offer from Siemens to begin working again, as a full fledged Electronic Engineer, there were only a few people on the whole world with his experience and ingenuity.

Today he is more than 85 year old and is still working for Siemens. Had he abandoned the idea of trading professions at the 60s who knows what had happened.

Mr Bean,
    Happy Birthday to your daughter and good luck on the project.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
    I purchased some sound recording modules, but they require the switch to be continually held down to play the message. The circuit board in the video is for a 555 timer. Using this, I can generate a pulse long enough to play whatever is recorded on the module, without the switch needing to be continually pressed down. The idea was that she, (My daughter) could have different switches to say she's hungry, thirsty, hot, cold etc...
    What about using an MP3 player and programming different tracks for different expressions, that way you won't be limited by the sound-chips and using a keyboard she can dial a number/number combination for the desired message.

I also have a disabled daughter (autistic) and remember that in the 80s someone came up with the idea of using a device named "Cannon communicator" to write text messages. The idea was good but soon some people (facilitators) began to manipulate what they were able to express by guiding their arms and fingers and everything died because of lawsuits due to alleged abuse accusations written by the children with the "helping" hand of some "concerned" facilitators.

Test

Let's test windows media

woops again

Impeller on a 5-axis.

Cool moves around the pyramid...

This has nothing to do with cnc.

The lad (in the video) is on some SERIOUS meds! :wee:

I think the guy behind the dancing fool, is on the phone with a 911 operator!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 111.JPG  

V8 block machined from a solid piece

Machining a whole V8 engine block from a solid piece entirely by just one machine ... impressive
    almost 11 mins, but worth watching ...

Stama Twin Technology

Page 2 of 6 1234