Used abrasives=bad. Brand new shiny fresh from the bag probably good. I like the starblast ultra because the particle distribution happens to be what we want and all of the minerals in it are really really hard.

I just talked to Harvey at Agsco Illinois www.agsco.com and it looks like it would be a several hundred dollars to have them mix up 50 or a hundred pounds of a test mix for us if we can get our specifications written in such a way that they are comprehended by sand guys. While this may be more expensive initially, it saves having 50 pound bags of 10 kinds of sand shipped to us. It also means that they can tell us exactly what we got and if it works, we can all get the same thing.

<B>If anybody has time, it would be a good idea to check out the Unified Abrasive manufacturers association and figure out how to write a spec for sand. I'm probably making this more complicated than it is. Then, if somebody could write up the proposed specs and call agsco for budgetary pricing, that person would probably have made everyone's life easier.</B>

http://www.uama.org/