587,913 active members*
3,643 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Keling Inc. KL-8056 Drivers

For those of you thinking of ordering this driver, you might want to reconsider. The pictures of this driver on the website are not the pictures of the driver you will receive. This driver comes with no directions, and no screw terminals. You are instead forced to buy some pluggable connector that I have yet been able to definitely identify. I contacted John and he doesn't know what the connector is, or where to find it. He is contacting the manufacturer in China. I believe this connector to be a pluggable terminal connector with 5.08mm centers, but have not idea. You can't just buy one plug per controller either because there are 3 terminals I believe, ( don't have them in front of me )forcing you to buy 9 of these connectors for a 3 axis system. These connectors range from $2-$5 a piece depending on the number of terminals. This may not seem like much money, but I think it's more of a principle issue. These connectors aren't available from http://kelinginc.net/ either. This also makes the diagram on his website incorrect. I am sure this is probably a great product, if I ever find the connectors to make them work. Don't get me wrong, John is a good guy who does great service, but this sucks.

Hi,

Are your drives the same as these http://motioncontrolproducts.co.uk/i...p/cPath/1_8_47 ?

I have two different types, the MSD556 and the MSD980 which came with all necessary connector.

If you PM cnczone member mcpltd http://www.cnczone.com/forums/member.php?u=23721 He will very likely give you the specs for the terminal blocks.

Hope this helps,

John

One other thing if they are the same drives you can down load data sheets from that website for connecting drives and if you have any other queries you can ask here or PM me.

John

Those drives are close, but no cigar. I greatly appreciate your help though.

Maybe worth posting on the thread he has a link to at the bottom of his website page. Maybe some one there can help you. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...t=25185&page=2

John

I would like to make a bit of an apology. John contacted me and is shipping out the connectors. Good guy, great service, and wants to make things right.

Thanks John

When they shipped out the driver. They did not put the connectors on. You should have the connectors in 2-3 days ( USPS Priority mail). KL-8056 is a very good one from my feedback

Smile

And I do believe that they are good, hence my buying them! Thanks for the timely solution.

Well how did they work, if you could give a little feedback.

Thanks

Ron