Quote Originally Posted by br1 View Post
I am new to this forum also and new to a milltronics machine , I have a Partner VM17 version B, I am trying to get up and running, I also have a homing issue, I have followed the last post and I get a "1" on xyz homes, but when I use the home button it goes to home then I get a error 450 Emergency stop Reset Drives, Is this normal? because if I push and hold reset and jog at the same time I can move the machine, If I don't push reset I get the error again. Also I am wondering about a spindle warm up program as this machine has been sitting for several months/years and never turned on, how ever axis's have been changed and appear very smooth.
That is not normal. The axis are hitting the limit switches. The control shows a 1 for the home switch inputs, that mean that the control thinks the switches are depressed. Your switches most likely need to be looked at. Most likely not set properly.
Spindle warm up program-start the spindle at a low rpm (1500) for about 7-10 minutes, then run it at 4000 rpm for about 7 min, and then max rpm (usually 8k) if the machine is less than 10 years old.