587,980 active members*
3,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lathe C-axis post

hey all, I recently got a lynx 220LM and I use Mastercam X to program, but I am having trouble posting. right now my post is outputting for Y-axis moves instead of C rotary motion, does anyone have a post that works good for the application?

I believe under toolpath Parameter you can change Y-axis option to C-axis ..... that's it.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Have you spoken to your reseller about fixing your post for you or pointing you in the right direction? My reseller is more than happy to provide those services. usually for free.
    Emastercam is also a great resource for post edits.
    Now that you've spent the money for a live tooled lathe, have you thought about upgrading to X2 in order to get the additional toolpaths?

well I have not had the chance to read any reviews but what are the toolpath advantages to X2? and no I have not cotacted my dealer, I suppose that would be my best option but I think it will take them at least a few days of which I dont really want to spend. I was hoping someone on the forum had one easily available

Quote Originally Posted by CNCaveman View Post
    well I have not had the chance to read any reviews but what are the toolpath advantages to X2? and no I have not cotacted my dealer, I suppose that would be my best option but I think it will take them at least a few days of which I dont really want to spend. I was hoping someone on the forum had one easily available
    If you post this in the Mastercam Sub-Forum here in CNC Zone some of the Mastercam Gurus will be able to help you Edit your Post Processor. Then again they also hang out on the EMastercam Forum.

Here http://www.emastercam.com/

Cheers!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

What post are you using? mplfan works as long as you turn misc. integer 4(g112/g107 enable) off.This will post all c axis interpulation into a bunch of straight lines, it runs great but takes up alot of code.