587,731 active members*
2,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

Joe, I finished your design several months ago and Id like to thank you again for the amazing work you have done! It has, however, taken me yonks to resolve all issues. I came close to stripping the whole thing down and putting the electronics and software up for sale!! Anyway, I have seen the light and we are still here!!

Id like to post a suggestion (I have not read all 122 pages of this thread and hope it has not been said. If it has here goes anyway!!)

I was having some SERIOUS issues in my y axis in certain angle cuts. after changing the couplers, ensuring everything was nice and tight, i was still having some "missed steps" problems -it has taken me countless hours of work and testing to narrow things down. At certain angle cuts, the Y axis drive would strart to resonate and I´d loose steps. I came to realize that, by the way i do my cutting, the Y axis was suffering the most. I also came to realize that the y axis 1/2" bolt used was being worn down to the point where the lead screw would bounce like crazy inside the bolt...

So, your design calls for a single bolt to be used (I enclose an image) to move each of the axes. My suggestion is to change the design and use several bolts rather than one single one. In fact, I am using 4 bolts in a row.

The problems have gone away and I am finally being able to cut nicely!! BTW i also removed the antibacklash plate since there is no play in that axis now...

Hope it helps

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MWSnap002.jpg