588,068 active members*
4,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Complaints and Praise Discussions > My experience so far with ordering dynacnc
Page 2 of 3 123

Exclamation EPIK DynaTech

Really,

First of all moderators shouldn't even have to deal with this. I don't really find this as bashing...UNLESS YOU DIDN'T GO THROUGH THE STEPS. Rather than start out by make a post, first call the company and see what their response is. Accidents happen, maybe this was an accident or misunderstanding. To increase your credibility on this forum, it would be wise to post the response you get when you do call. Show both sides of the story.

I will come straight out and say that I work with Dave, and I am a distributor of his machines. Not once has he sat down with me and discussed what we have to hide and what we don't

Can you please call Dave at the office and find out for me what it exactly is we have to hide. I don't want to do my job wrong and mess this up for him.
    I will also say that he is a strong supporter of constructive criticism. If you have a valid complaint, and you explain to him HOW come the situation is a problem, he will take to mind what you have to say.

I hope you enjoy the machine and don't let this experience ruin it for you.

Tyler Shinaberry
    [email protected]

If anyone has david cress's email address please PM me with it. I sent an email to Carlee at Dynacnc monday asking for it so I could discuss the warranty but have not received a response yet.

Response from Dynacnc

Many people say to contact the manufacturer. They are reasonable and will work with you. etc etc.

Ok, I've tried. I have received a response back from dynacnc. It is not from Dave Cress it is from tech support. I have removed the persons name out of the response.

Here is what I sent to dynacnc. (It turns out that I did a reply to all and other dynacnc customers got this email also. I did not realize that it was a mass emailing that I was responding to, and for that I apologize.)

"Could I please have Dave Cresses email address?

I am a bit upset that the invoice says 18 month parts warranty and then after I pay the money I get this license agreement then excludes most of the parts on the machine.

Thank you,
    Bill "

Here is their response.
    "Hello Bill,
    This is ****** and your situation has been delegated to me. My question to you is after you having the agreement in your possession for three weeks why you are making an issue to all our customers. This bothers me being we have
    and will continue to do business in good faith. I have to be up front and I have to ask you to consider what you are in a quandary about should have remained upon you and whom could have answered your questions. What you may
    not realize is that the time I have to spend answering all the other customers' only delays shipments even further. We build a product that is not easily surpassed by anyone particularly for the cost and perhaps I should point you to those customers that will argue with you that by removing us from the production, that one, quality control gets jeopardized by not providing the adequate time and circumventing a good faith policy and two, ultimately being I am the one responsible for quality control and your
    having brought up a question that could have been answered easily by a phone call, now I have to answer many calls and/or "E" mails. SO with that being said, let me answer your "question" and perhaps you can pass it on. The chassis is covered by the 18 month warranty and in fact many components parallel the same. I have a list of customers that called me expecting to pay for a component that failed and one of two things usually occur. One that the component is covered beyond their expectations and two after discussing with them outside their tech support, the part they diagnosed as having failed did not where as I was able to get them operational immediately at no cost. Once again I respectfully ask you to accept what we
    are trying to accomplish here is to build a relationship that goes beyond you receiving the equipment and a pleasant relationship.
    I would be happy to put you in contact with our satisfied customers but to put it simply, when do you want to receive your machine being I was working on it when this situation arose.
    Thank You,
    ******** "

(nuts)
    Am I in the wrong for wanting to talk to the owner to get an explanation on warranty policy? The above response has not given me a warm and fuzzy. I really would like to hear feedback about the above response from those people who have been involved in this thread. If anyone does have Dave Cresses ear, I would love to know what his take is.

BTW I wanted to add that Carlee the receptionist at Dynacnc has been very professional and nice every time I have spoken with her. She deserves some kudo's.

Wow!!!

And to think, my postings were removed for perceived flaming!

Hey Lowpull did ya ever get the machine? And how do you like it? And most likely Dynacnc is a small operation maybe 10 employees at the most and most likely that was the owner or at least second in command just by the tone of that response to ya. As long as the machine makes you money to pay for itself who cares , right?

Update , was promised 3-4 week delivery time if I paid in full up front. I did so and it took 11 weeks. Some parts vibrated off machine during delivery including the gecko's which had been bouncing around in the control box. special Plasma cable and torch brackets not delivered with machine (still waiting on those) Machine came with a brand new integrated control box. No instructions at all on it. Ive been told they may have a manual for it in about 10 days.
    shipping 25% more than the estimate.
    Frank is no longer with the company, Carlee is no longer with the company. Never did get to speak with Dave Cress ( the owner).
    If I had to do it over again, I would go with a different company.

My response to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lowpull View Post
    Update , was promised 3-4 week delivery time if I paid in full up front. I did so and it took 11 weeks. Some parts vibrated off machine during delivery including the gecko's which had been bouncing around in the control box. special Plasma cable and torch brackets not delivered with machine (still waiting on those) Machine came with a brand new integrated control box. No instructions at all on it. Ive been told they may have a manual for it in about 10 days.
    shipping 25% more than the estimate.
    Frank is no longer with the company, Carlee is no longer with the company. Never did get to speak with Dave Cress ( the owner).
    If I had to do it over again, I would go with a different company.
    Mr. Bill Bright, ( lowpull )

Below this paragraph is a copy of the email sent to you on Yahoo on the CandCNCSupport forum.

To answer your above comments: 3-4 week turn around time is an estimated shipping date. It is clearly stated "Estimated" on your invoice. Second: The reason it took so long on your shippment is because the CandCNC control boxes we ordered over the past several weeks did not function, thus we did not ship your machine. I can gladly send you the email from Tom at CandCNC stating there is a problem with the last 12 control boxes he had sent us and that he will be sending out the replacement boards that work. By the time he was able to duplicate the problem we were having with the CandCNC control boxes several customer tables were becomming very late. So if you have a problem with the late delivery: please take it up with Tom. We then replaced your box with one of our new boxes, gave you a free $2195.00 THC upgrade for being late even though it was not our fault.

I have been reading all of your comments and I find it time to respond. Normally I don't spend time writing on these forums, but I am making an exception here.

My first comment is about your comment about our warranty located at the cnczone. All parts are covered by the warranty that we manufacture for 18 months. That is far better than ANY of our competitors. All other warranties ( electronics) are covered through us to the original manufacturer. You had every opportunity to ask for the warranty prior to purchasing the machine. There is no one trying to hide anything. Anyone and everyone can request a copy from us at any time they feel like it. The warranty changed with our new controller to 18 months due to the far superior quality and ability to far surpass the time in service on other vendor supplied products. If you choose to go back to the CandCNC controller then you will be provided their warranty from them. Your choice.

Second: The THC option. First Tom Caudle has an agreement with me that he will not sell his products that are directly related to our machines, to be used on our machines, to any of our customers directly. How did you purchase this THC from TOM when you bought the machine from us? The arrangement was set up to avoid the situation that happened to you from happening. So in your quest to save a buck and your decision to cut us out from configuring your machine prior to shipping correctly, you decided to go it the way you wanted and now you are where you are. You own a DynaCNC machine that does not need a MP1000 THC from CandCNC that you bought unknowingly to us and then expect us to support it?

Third: You state that you received our new control box and the MP1000 bought from Tom is not needed with our box. You bought a hand torch when your contract states that we will supply you with brackets for a "Machine Torch". We supplied you with a machine torch bracket "as agreed to" under your invoice and agreed to by you. Now we find out that not only do you have a "Hand Torch" but you want the brackets for free to hold your torch not specified on the contract by you.

Forth: The THC option was provided to you "FOR FREE!" from our company. A $2195.00 option for FREE. All I see is your statements on how we left you "High and Dry" when we GAVE you the THC for free. Thank you for your support!

Fifth: Why are you posting your situation and wasting every ones time on OUR new control system on the CandCNCSupport support forum when you don't have ANY CandCNC products being used on the DynaCNC machine? Do you expect Tom to support a product that is not his as well? I have talked to Mike at the support desk and he has stated everything that is going on and has supported you.

Sixth: You purchased your plasma torch from somewhere else. We don't have a problem with that, however we can not provide you with detailed instructions on the "how to" with your torch. If we provide you with instructions on the torch you purchased, and about the torch your purchased we are liable for any damage to your torch caused by you in the wiring of the torch. We have provided you with the wire pinouts and what that need to be connected to on the torch. You are responsible for contacting the torch manufacturer, requesting the hookups where our wires are to be connected to and then you hook them up. If you have bought the package from us: The torch, the THC, the entire system this all would have been "done for you" and completely tested and functioning. It was also your choice to purchase a hand torch which can be used on our machine, but is not recommended by myself or my company. How can we send the the correct cable for your torch when you bought a different
    torch from the one stated on your contract?

Seventh: We do provide documentation. It is being built up and completed as I write this document. The documentation will be in a very professional format and very easy to understand. As far as the comment: "Don't hold your breath on the documentation" All I can say is this: Tom, If we want to shed laundry on the Internet I have plenty to share with everyone about our past experiences with you, other vendors, and customers. I personally want to move forward and not get in a pissing match, public or private. However if you or the other parties want to start it I will be more than happy and fully armed to move forward in that venue.

Eight: The 4 button handset: WOW what a great itemadded to ur product line that is "STANDARD" on all of our machines. You don't have to pay EXTRA for that. It far exceeds ANY competitors handset. You can set torch volts on it, set spindle speed rpms on it, run the entire machine from it, and do and trouble shooting on it when needed. It tells you everything that is going on with the control system at any time you need the information. It has 3 menus covering ALL functions of the machine.

Nine: The new control system has so many feature functions that surpass anything we have ever offered I can't list them all here. You should be very happy you received this system.

To to conclude: Bill, you can rant and rave about what you have or don't have here or on the cnczone all you like. I am very open to constructive comments. When you do make comments I suggest you tell the entire story, not just the parts your want to complain about. In my view you have received everything you purchased via our contract plus a $2195.00 option for free. I am very sorry you purchased a THC directly from Tom. That should have never happened and I feel very taken from that knowledge.

David Cress
    President
    Dynamic Plastic, Inc.

My response to dave

--- In CandCNCSupport@***********.com, David Cress <cnc_lutherie@...> wrote:
    >
    > Mr. Bill Bright,
    >
    > I have been reading all of your comments and I find it time to respond. Normally I don't spend time writing on these forums, but I am making an exception here.
    >

It took long enough to get a response, way too long.

> My first comment is about your comment about our warranty located at the cnczone. All parts are covered by the warranty that we manufacture for 18 months. That is far better than ANY of our competitors. All other warranties ( electronics) are covered through us to the original manufacturer. You had every opportunity to ask for the warranty prior to purchasing the machine. There is no one trying to hide anything. Anyone and everyone can request a copy from us at any time they feel like it. The warranty changed with our new controller to 18 months due to the far superior quality and ability to far surpass the time in service on other vendor supplied products. If you choose to go back to the CandCNC controller then you will be provided their warranty from them. Your choice.
    >

Website says 18 months, everywhere you advertise the machine it says 18 months, Invoice says 18 months, you pay for the machine and then its by the way motors, electronics are 180 days. How hard is it to say
    Warranty 18 months, electrical componants 180 days.

> Second: The THC option. First Tom Caudle has an agreement with me that he will not sell his products that are directly related to our machines, to be used on our machines, to any of our customers directly. How did you purchase this THC from TOM when you bought the machine from us? The arrangement was set up to avoid the situation that happened to you from happening. So in your quest to save a buck and your decision to cut us out from configuring your machine prior to shipping correctly, you decided to go it the way you wanted and now you are where you are. You own a DynaCNC machine that does not need a MP1000 THC from CandCNC that you bought unknowingly to us and then expect us to support it?

Tom didnt know anything about it. I decided that I would buy his controller and I havent asked for support from you on that, and really is none of your business.
    >
    > Third: You state that you received our new control box and the MP1000 bought from Tom is not needed with our box. You bought a hand torch when your contract states that we will supply you with brackets for a "Machine Torch". We supplied you with a machine torch bracket "as agreed to" under your invoice and agreed to by you. Now we find out that not only do you have a "Hand Torch" but you want the brackets for free to hold your torch not specified on the contract by you.

I have had my plasma torch for about 5 years now. I had planned on getting a machine torch with it. But since your company didnt ship the
    machine torch brackets or the plasma torch cable that goes with your new control box, when your tech asked what torch I had, I replied the hand torch. He then said that would be a 150.00 dollar charge, I then replied just send me the machine torch bracket that was promised but never shipped. He then called back and said that he didnt realize that I had never recieved my original brackets and he would send the hand torch bracket for free instead of the machine torch. Really I could care less. Send what you want.

>
    > Forth: The THC option was provided to you "FOR FREE!" from our company. A $2195.00 option for FREE. All I see is your statements on how we left you "High and Dry" when we GAVE you the THC for free. Thank you for your support!
    I got the THC option for free? I was told it was because you were so behind on my order. 11 weeks instead of the 3-4 I was promised.

>
    > Fifth: Why are you posting your situation and wasting every ones time on OUR new control system on the CandCNCSupport support forum when you don't have ANY CandCNC products being used on the DynaCNC machine? Do you expect Tom to support a product that is not his as well? I have talked to Mike at the support desk and he has stated everything that is going on and has supported you.
    I have a candcnc product, at least I have manuals for those.

>
    > Sixth: You purchased your plasma torch from somewhere else. We don't have a problem with that, however we can not provide you with detailed instructions on the "how to" with your torch. If we provide you with instructions on the torch you purchased, and about the torch your purchased we are liable for any damage to your torch caused by you in the wiring of the torch. We have provided you with the wire pinouts and what that need to be connected to on the torch. You are responsible for contacting the torch manufacturer, requesting the hookups where our wires are to be connected to and then you hook them up. If you have bought the package from us: The torch, the THC, the entire system this all would have been "done for you" and completely tested and functioning. It was also your choice to purchase a hand torch which can be used on our machine, but is not recommended by myself or my company. How can we send the the correct cable for your torch when you bought a different
    > torch from the one stated on your contract?

I had my plasma cutter way before I ever had your machine. I should buy a new plasma cutter from you when I already had one? But I still cant hook anything up without your custom cable. Your controller ATHC requires an arc good signal. Guess what not all plasma torches has that.

>
    > Seventh: We do provide documentation. It is being built up and completed as I write this document. The documentation will be in a very professional format and very easy to understand. As far as the comment: "Don't hold your breath on the documentation" All I can say is this: Tom, If we want to shed laundry on the Internet I have plenty to share with everyone about our past experiences with you, other vendors, and customers. I personally want to move forward and not get in a pissing match, public or private. However if you or the other parties want to start it I will be more than happy and fully armed to move forward in that venue.

If I had held my breath, I'de be dead by now. I really would like to have the manuals when I actually buy something. You should have had the manuals done before the first machine with the new controls ever went out your door.
    BTW Tom has been helpful to me and the CNC community as a whole.
    You.... not so much.

>
    > Eight: The 4 button handset: WOW what a great itemadded to ur product line that is "STANDARD" on all of our machines. You don't have to pay EXTRA for that. It far exceeds ANY competitors handset. You can set torch volts on it, set spindle speed rpms on it, run the entire machine from it, and do and trouble shooting on it when needed. It tells you everything that is going on with the control system at any time you need the information. It has 3 menus covering ALL functions of the machine.

How in tarnation am I supposed to know what it does and be estatic that I recieved it. THERE WAS NO DOCUMENTATION!!!

>
    > Nine: The new control system has so many feature functions that surpass anything we have ever offered I can't list them all here. You should be very happy you received this system.

If I had received the system, manuals, cables, and brackets that were supposed to come with the system, I might have been happy. 1 out of 4 = not happy.
    >
    > To to conclude: Bill, you can rant and rave about what you have or don't have here or on the cnczone all you like. I am very open to constructive comments. When you do make comments I suggest you tell the entire story, not just the parts your want to complain about. In my view you have received everything you purchased via our contract plus a $2195.00 option for free. I am very sorry you purchased a THC directly from Tom. That should have never happened and I feel very taken from that knowledge.

Is it ranting and raving when its true. You are not open to constructive comments. I have been trying to contact you for months. I sent emails, I asked over the phone with your employees. I asked anybody on cnczone to pass along my comments and get your take. All I ever heard back was, " your machine has been delayed". The first time it was for the plasma brackets, that havent been sent yet. Another time it was for the new control system, which has been sent incomplete. The geckos werent even screwed down, they were bounceing around during shipping.

You have not provided everthing the contract states.
    I want a plasma bracket. Hand or machine for a hypermax 600, your choice.
    I want the plasma/spindle cable that goes with the control box.
    I want the manuals and the mach3 setup files for this control box.
    If you are not going to supply a current sense board for those plasma cutters that dont have arc good signals, let me know so I can start getting one somewhere else.

>
    > David Cress
    > President
    > Dynamic Plastic, Inc.
    >

William Bright
    Still waiting on parts and manuals to get my machine working.

Still not cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
    Hey Lowpull did ya ever get the machine? And how do you like it? And most likely Dynacnc is a small operation maybe 10 employees at the most and most likely that was the owner or at least second in command just by the tone of that response to ya. As long as the machine makes you money to pay for itself who cares , right?
    Zipsnipe, I received most of the machine, if you go by weight.(nuts)
    I still dont have plasma bracket, manuals, setup files, or plasma torch hookup cable. (nuts) (nuts)

I was supposed to have received the machine around July 20th. And it hasnt made a cut or a dime yet. It just sits in my shop and mocks me.

When dynacnc put together the controller they forgot to screw down the gecko's. Turns out that a connector was also broken due to this. Two dynacnc techs tell me to send it back to be repaired. Even gave me an rma and insurance value for shipping it back. I send it on my own dime and dynacnc refuses delivery. Says tuff, tell it to the shipping company. Its not the shipping companys fault. Worse company I have ever dealt with.

And history repeats itself! Imagine that...

dynacnc

the more the owner of Dynamic Plastic, Inc speaks, the less business he will get! Talk about arrogance, and how about the wonderful customer service!!!!

Wow...what an exiting thread! lol.

Personally speaking (also 10+ years of retail managment experience), the company should have included the full warranty details on the website. The fact that they are trying to dismiss it as "we warranty all of our stuff but not the stuff we buy from other guys." just can't be assumed. When you buy something from someone, you're buying the whole package. The solution; display the true warranty.

The same should be said about delivery times. If delay's are expected...well you screwed up (even if it wasn't your fault). All you can do is be proactive giving the customer your best guess on the new delivery date and hope they understand.

Ultimately the key points that he was complaining about were true. I also know it sounds unfair, but the company shouldn't respond to a situation like this on a public forum. This is the part about retail that I don't miss...my job here would be to make this "loud mouth" (pardon the term - I'm speaking from the sellers POV) be quiet by giving him what he wants or feels like he deserves. I hated this mentality because it would breed a mentality that screaming gets what you want...but ultimately you have to defend your public appearance so it's a balancing act. But, sometimes (often) it's just a sympathetic ear. Nothing makes people feel worse then hearing nothing.

A happy customer is all about meeting expectations. If you were clear from the start none of this would have happened.

Just my $.02...let us know when you get it working.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	billbox.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	46417
    This is a picture of the controller I have put together. I am now working on wiring up limit switches etc. So I hope to have it working next week.

I have left Dynacnc's controller in the box that it shipped in. The one that they issued an RMA for but then refused to accept for warranty work.
    I filed a complaint with the Washing State Attorney Generals office about them not honoring the warranty and also about the warranty limitation document that is sent after the purchase. I will wait and see what happens with that.
    I told the AG that all I wanted was my controller fixed with Dynacnc paying for shipping this time and for dynacnc to start sending out their warranty limitation document ahead of the purchase. If anyone is curious about the washing state AG compliant site ( which is an online process) it is here http://www.atg.wa.gov/

Now that I have a new controller that I have built, I would like dynacnc to refund some money and take their controller back. But that is not likely to happen. They dont return my calls, and their outsourced tech support doesnt return my calls.

But I still have the Texas AG, the FTC and the BBB to go.

Chris64,
    I have seen both sides also. I worked for compaq for 7 years in first, second and then third level desktop support. The main rule I had, the customer should get what they paid for. Most times in 2nd level support I would give them an overnight shipping number, fix the machine, throw in some extras for their efforts and then ship it back overnight.
    Now as I customer, I dont expect the extras, but dont pee on my back and tell me its raining gold. I just want what I paid for. I never wanted this new integrated controller. I specifically went with dynacnc because everything was supposed to be "open source" and easily repairable from outside sources. So now they ship a propietary integrated box that has to go back to them if it dies.

But besides all of that I paid for a working machine with an 18 month warranty. I didnt get that. In fact they told me that I dont have a warranty because I didnt sign the limitation document they sent after I had paid in full for the table. And after they get the money there are no refunds for any reason.
    Some people say that I am just trying to trash Dynacnc's name. I am not.
    Dynacnc trashed their own name, I am just making it public.

So you say they won't take it back...and it had ghecko servo drivers in it?

Want to sell it? Preferably cheap?

Ive got to see what comes out of my AG complaint before I do anything.
    Then I will have to see if I can repair the x drive stepper connector myself. Besides it came with gecko steppers.
    Though it does have a separate set of connectors for the servos also. But there is no documentation on the unit. They consider that to be propietary trade secret type stuff. But if I can repair it then I will sell it. Otherwise it will be sold as extra parts for other people I guess.

But in the pictures you can see two rows of 4 connectors in the bottom of the picture. Actually you see 3 and then 4. The top row is for steppers the bottom for servos The top row right most connector is missing. This is what happens when you dont screw down the geckos to the heatsink and then ship it so the geckos are standing straight up in the air with no support. You will notice that there are no holes in the heatsink and no heatsink compound either. If they had screwed down the geckos or shipped it on its side with the geckos down it would have been ok. The control box was shipped in its shipping box taped to the inside of the main shipping crate. So dynacnc was in direct control of the box orientation when it shipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inside.jpg   mainlogic.jpg  

control box

Actually that control box is a very effective CNC control box. It was developed by a very reputable company, and contains all the components to run a router/spindle/thc/torch, as long as the programming is done on the control box, which unfortunately is propietary. The benefit of the DY4000 control box is it is one unit, not seperate units, trying to work together. Most users of that box find it very conveinant to use, since resetting etc... is as simple as unplug, and pwr back up. It is too bad lowpull has to go through this because the control box is actually nice and easy to use, when the geckos are installed!

Developed by the Ditco company of Kent Washington perhaps.

Very Disappointed!

This is my first post (copy). I bought a DynaCNC Machine. I wanted everyone to know how disappointed I am in that fact that I have NOTHING to complain about. The machine arrived Early, it worked right out of the box, I never needed any help or documentation due to the fact that my 10 year old passed the round peg in the round hole test and could put the "x" plug in the "x" hole. Real easy even a 10 year old could do it. I cut product the first day!

Good Job DynaCNC!

I hope to learn from you folks in the future.

oh and "lowpull": I read all of you posts. What a nightmare.

Page 2 of 3 123