587,661 active members*
3,108 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: dnc software

dnc software

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody knew where I can get an extremely basic and free DNC software. My machine has an OM-a controller on it thus not having the ability to drip feed whatsoever, but I do have the RS-232 so all I'm looking for is something which will allow me to send my part files over to the controller. Does anybody have any suggestions before my trial software runs out and I cant transfer my parts anymore? any advice is appreciated, thanks

We use an early DOS version of Easytalk on our 10T. It did'nt cost too much back then and don't know the cost of the latest ver. Here's the link.
    http://www.digitek-asi.com/h-home.html

There is some free ones out there. I suggest checking with a search engine.

G

Try this,
    http://www.cncsimulator.com/
    According to the website it has

"Advanced NC Editor, complete with machine communications."

I haven't played with it yet but I'm planning on trying it out.
    Dave
    Schneider Machine
    A force of one

I recently downloaded this free (and functional) 30-day demo program:

http://www.dncsoftware.net/

My machine has a Dynapath Delta 20 control; my PC is running Windows XP.
    A neat feature is the DNC Set-Up Wizard, I simply connected the null modem cable to CNC/PC, clicked on the wizard, and it automatically detected and set the machine configurations! Pretty slick!
    And at a price of $99, I’d consider it a bargain (after spending a day manually entering code, anything seems a bargain!).

thanks

I'm currently trying out their software. Setup was easy and seems to work great for everything I need to do. again, thanks for the tip

You may try NCnetlite from CADEM. It is simple and absolutely free. www.cadem.com

nabil

Quote Originally Posted by DerHammer View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if somebody knew where I can get an extremely basic and free DNC software. My machine has an OM-a controller on it thus not having the ability to drip feed whatsoever, but I do have the RS-232 so all I'm looking for is something which will allow me to send my part files over to the controller. Does anybody have any suggestions before my trial software runs out and I cant transfer my parts anymore? any advice is appreciated, thanks
    try with a software called (Multi Dnc) i don't know the price but i am using this software with mastercam v9.1 with OM controller, you can easy send long programes with drip feed, this is how we solved the problem of the limited capacity of the machine's memory
    it is easy to learn not complicated demo version is lasting for one month
    i hope this will help
    regards

thanks

thanks for the info. I definitely like that free price if it works . My controller is too old to drip feed anyways so their "lite" package might work out perfect for what I'm doing. I have a Fanuc Om-a, so all I need is very basic functionality. Thanks to everyone posting suggestion, its appreciated.