587,262 active members*
3,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT GOING!!!! IT IS ALIVE!!!!!

Wow. Today was the day. For some reason I could remember what steps to take to bring my machine back to life. The hardest part was getting the tool change program in the machine and get it to stay there. It has to do with turning the edit lock on and off. Now I have to write down ALL of the steps before I forget what I did.
    This board was very helpful in reminding me to do the first step. Initalize the boards after replacing the batteries. I had notes on it but could not remember what they meant.
    Anyway, thanks to all for your help. I hope I can repay by helping someone else.

Thanks again,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bkobernus View Post
    I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT GOING!!!! IT IS ALIVE!!!!!

Wow. Today was the day. For some reason I could remember what steps to take to bring my machine back to life. The hardest part was getting the tool change program in the machine and get it to stay there. It has to do with turning the edit lock on and off. Now I have to write down ALL of the steps before I forget what I did.
    This board was very helpful in reminding me to do the first step. Initalize the boards after replacing the batteries. I had notes on it but could not remember what they meant.
    Anyway, thanks to all for your help. I hope I can repay by helping someone else.

Thanks again,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Long time since you had this issue. Hope you DID write down all the steps since I have this question.

I have a Meldas 520 AMR Control in my Feeler FV-800 that has program memory protection levels ABC.

Level A protects all data in the memories. All programs except those within the range of 8000~9999 can be input, output, edited or erased by turning the data protection key on the panel to the "OFF" position.

Level B protects all data in the memories within the range of 8000~9999.
    If the "B" key is disabled in the user parameters menu, all programs except those within No. 9000~8999 can be input, output, edited or erased by turning the data protection key on the panel to the "OFF" position.

I can handle things so far, but:

The trouble is that I can not find info in the Meldas 520 AM Instruction Manual about disabling/enabling the "C" protection key.

Level C protects all data in the memories within the range of 9000~9999.

I have read this in a bulletin made by Mitsubishi USA:
    "If the "C" key is disabled in the "base spec. parameter" in the machine parameters menu, also programs within No. 9000~9999 can be input, output, edited or erased by turning the data protection key on the panel to the "OFF" position."

Can you please write step-by-step how you do this?

This is necessary to know if the program "O9001" gets damaged and needs to be reinstalled.

OK, I actually found it! Guess it was a bit late at night last time I checked the manual. So below I describe it step-by-step.

Procedure for disabling/enabling the Edit Lock "C" in Meldas 500 series:

1. Press DIAGN IN/OUT button.
    2. Press Menu key under the screen until you can see the option PLC I/F.
    3. Press PLC I/F key under the screen.
    4. Make settings: DEVICE (1001) DATA ( ) MODE ( M ).
    5. Press green INPUT CALC button. You will see no change, but leave it at that.
    6. Press TOOL PARAM button.This brings you to the MACHINE PARAMETERS menu which is now open.
    7. Press BASE key under the screen.
    8. Press the Next Page key (rightmost key under the screen) until you reach
    screen 5/10.
    9. Check Parameter #7 "edlk_c".
    10. Set value 0=OFF.
    11. Press green INPUT CALC button.
    12. Now you can edit the "C"-key protected data.
    13. Do not forget to set Parameter #7 "edlk_c" back to value 1=ON again after the editing is done.
    14. Press DIAGN IN/OUT button.
    15. Press Menu key under the screen until you can see the option PLC I/F.
    16. Press PLC I/F key under the screen.
    17. Make settings: DEVICE (1001) DATA ( ) MODE ( U )
    18. Press green INPUT CALC button. You will see no change, but leave it at that. This brings you back to normal "USER PARAMETER" status.