587,249 active members*
3,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 39 of 57 29373839404149
    The distance for focusing is 59mm and if you go to wklasers site you can download a manaul with all you need to operate your machine , if you cant get this send me a private message with your email and i will send you this but there are 70 pages, i trust you have earthed your machine into the ground with a 1200mm rod and 6mm earth cable

Quote Originally Posted by jinu117 View Post
    Well, guess what... I registered there but no response to actual approval of registration. Right now, I noticed after reading through some discussion that my laser beam from lense to object is not quite straight... it is about 4mm or so to the left. How should I adjust for this?
    Also, I am in need of vacuum table such as this...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150152758471
    The e-bayer he seems is out of town all together after some finding out and calling on phone through related company. (might explain why there was no resposne to my e-bay message to him)
    Is there any other source for such vacuum table?
    That must be what those two slotted screw holes are for on the laser head. Loosen the screws up and you'll be able to move the lens and cone left or right a little. 4mm is over 1/8" are you sure it's off that much?

That forum might just be for people who have purchased their laser from A4dable Woodworking.

That vacuum table looks good if you are just going to hold down stuff that you aren't going to cut all the way through. Like v-bit routing signs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipW View Post
    That must be what those two slotted screw holes are for on the laser head. Loosen the screws up and you'll be able to move the lens and cone left or right a little. 4mm is over 1/8" are you sure it's off that much?

That forum might just be for people who have purchased their laser from A4dable Woodworking.

That vacuum table looks good if you are just going to hold down stuff that you aren't going to cut all the way through. Like v-bit routing signs etc.
    Yes it is off by that much now. I guess it's time for me to readjust a on that part. I hope forum is a little more open in case it is just for A4dable... I could definitely use some help and will be their future customer most likely (despite the fact I am only 30 minute drive to 1 hour drive away from brightlaser).
    Vacuum table will be placed under honeycomb if I can get one to cut through actually. These neoprenes never seem to get shipped flat and it's been pain to lay them flat. And sometimes, I need to do shape of 15 pieces out of full tables about 10 times a batch. It can be real pain trying to place them flat (tried few different jigging method but non of them really can hold entire sheet flat... vacuum table should help there definitely).

Quote Originally Posted by jinu117 View Post
    Yes it is off by that much now. I guess it's time for me to readjust a on that part. I hope forum is a little more open in case it is just for A4dable... I could definitely use some help and will be their future customer most likely (despite the fact I am only 30 minute drive to 1 hour drive away from brightlaser).
    Vacuum table will be placed under honeycomb if I can get one to cut through actually. These neoprenes never seem to get shipped flat and it's been pain to lay them flat. And sometimes, I need to do shape of 15 pieces out of full tables about 10 times a batch. It can be real pain trying to place them flat (tried few different jigging method but non of them really can hold entire sheet flat... vacuum table should help there definitely).
    My honeycomb table on my laser is steel, not aluminum, is yours? I had a bowed piece I wanted to cut and I stuck a small powerful magnet on it and it worked great, flattened it right out. Of course you have to make sure you don't hit the magnet but you could always pause the machine after a piece is cutout, before it starts the next cutout, and move the magnet. Just an idea.... that may or may not work for you.

My honeycomb table on my laser is steel, not aluminum, is yours? I had a bowed piece I wanted to cut and I stuck a small powerful magnet on it and it worked great, flattened it right out. Of course you have to make sure you don't hit the magnet but you could always pause the machine after a piece is cutout, before it starts the next cutout, and move the magnet. Just an idea.... that may or may not work for you.
    Mine is actually aluminum. I guess I could make small corners filled with steel nut and still use your idea (after all, it is hexagonal Hope magnet is strong enough... thanks for the idea

Hey guys, if you are looking for lasers, support and so on, in the US, you might try this place:

http://www.the-lasersedge.com/index.html

contact Dean at this location, his email address is on the site. He is selling the HX laser line, it is the same machine as the HK laser. The big difference here is that he sells the laser in the US for $8000 for the 80W 1290SE (900 x 1200 mm)unit - bigger than the HK900 unit. This is the same machine as what I have, although I purchased mine direct. By the time I got my machine home and set up, I had paid out approximately $7000 CDN, so by comparision, from a dealer, the price of $8K is a fair price, plus you will have local US support, from someone who can speak the language well. Now that is a better deal than getting butt raped for over $21K by - well you know who.

Dean is also carrying spare laser tubes, and I am quite sure they are exactly the same as the ones in the HK laser units.

Check him out and support him if you can.

Pete

Your agent, brightstarlasers, is charging too much money for your machines. I think this will cost you business. I know they only sell the LG engraving models, but why would someone want to pay $11,000.00 or $12,000.00 more for an LG900 than what it costs to buy directly from you? Sure, they offer a 2 year full coverage warranty and on site setup (I think) but the numbers just don't add up. They are making a huge profit on each machine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
    Skip

From The Laser's Edge website:
    All Machines Carry a 1 Year Warranty through the Manufacture.
    So, you have protection if anything is broken during shipment, but after that you'll still be shipping anything needing repairs back to China... that ain't cheap.
    Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems

So, your point is:....? I think you mean then that it is acceptable to pay the super escalated price of over $21k just so you can have an additional year's warranty? If you are that dumb to pay that much money, then you might as well just buy 3 or 4 basic lasers direct from China, then you have lots of spare parts, and you will still be money ahead.

The price of the various components is not going to be that bad for cost. It would be foolish in most cases to send it back, just buy a new one and get on with life. Order the recommended spares with the machine and you should be covered for most things.

The Chinese machines are not as bad as everyone thinks. I am a machinist and a machinery designer. I find that the basic machine is fairly well made, and I doubt there will be any issues with broken parts within the first year. I ordered all the spares, and both of my laser tubes were in good condition. I hooked them both up to test them right off the bat.

My biggest issue with the Chinese machine that I bought was the poor quality or total lack of manuals and information. In addition to that the Lasercut 5.0 software is a bunch of crap as well, so you need to work around those issues. Apart from that, I have had good response to questions and issues from their agent.

Keep in mind, that you get what you pay for in some instances, but paying 3 times the price for the same thing is stupid and a waste of money. The low price that you can purchase these machines for tells you off the start that you should expect to have some issues. I was prepared to take the chance, after doing an exhaustive search for similar machines and comparing prices, features and so on. Maybe I got lucky, but I am happy apart from the issues already mentioned.

As I noted previously, if you want to deal with a US based agent, there now seems to be a better option by going thru Laser Edge. It would worth while to give them a call and talk to them and judge for yourself. Their price is almost 1/3 of what other agents are charging for a similar machines.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    From The Laser's Edge website:
    So, you have protection if anything is broken during shipment, but after that you'll still be shipping anything needing repairs back to China... that ain't cheap.

pete, where did you get yourlaser thru and what is there contact details... I often find that the right person at a company can make all the diference to your buying experiance..

Salty, you have two choices now.

You can go to the web site: www.hxlaser.com, and click on the link to send an email to their us agent Frank Fang, who lives in Texas. Frank is good to deal with and he will give you a quote for the machine of your choice.

You can also choose to deal with their newest dealer, Dean, at:

www.the-lasersedge.com/index.html

If you deal through Dean, I think his price for the HX1290SE, which is what i have is listed at $8K US for the 80W unit. You can get this in the 100 or 120Watt as well, but they are more expensive. The large machines like this 1200 x 900 size, can be upgraded later to the more powerful 100 or 120 watt lasers by replacing the laser tube and power supply. If you think you want to do this, then buy the 120W off the start, and save money.

You will pay a bit more from Dean, but not that much when you consider that you will have his support to fall back on to help get the machine started up, sort out software and manual issues and so on. As I mentioned, when I ended up at the end of the day, I had paid about $7000 for the machine, shipping, customs, spare parts, spare laser tube all the options and so on. I havent confirmed with Dean if his price includes all this equipment or not, so send him an email to clarify. Personally I think that dealing with a US based agent is likely worth the extra cost in the end.

Pete.

If you have the money go for it!

I finally got my laser running a couple of weeks ago after it sitting their for 4 months. Anyways, i aint going to cry about this nor say negative things about chinese lasers. All I would say is to have your chinese friend next to you to call china cause that will be your best bet (or cnc zone). If you have the money and dont want to bother with Time difference or the distance and needed things done today then get American or build your own. Bottom Line!

My New E-Bay Canada 40W Laser!!

Well, It looks like i'm the first person to buy a Laser form "Dingword" and I thought I got a lemon.
    It arrived with a CD but no manual or setup instructions. The software is 'Mashidraw' and looked promising once I had it loaded onto my laptop, but
    other than the main page, all of the options are in Chinese! WTF??
    Anyhow, after reading every post and looking at every link posted, I found enough information to begin my setup.
    I think i am in for a steep learning curve getting used to what LOOKS like very
    basic software due to the Chinese print.
    BUT....after only a few hours of setting up a level surface, arranging a bucket for the purified water, and getting everything grounded, I made my first laser engraving!! It works! I REALLY thought the laser tube would be cracked but it
    seems fine. The Laser arrived and was just sitting outside our front door on its side in the cold when i got home Thursday.
    It came double boxed with very good insulation, and everything looked intact, which is rare with alot of my E-Bay purchases. I'm building a CNC machine and have ordered enough for a smaller unit to boot which I am going to add the laser onto after i figure everything out about it.
    If it keeps working, I think the US$1199.00 plus $150 S/H cost will have been money well spent.
    I really can not believe it works!

Shawn in Brampton

Good day all,

I thought I would post here as this site seems to have the most knowledgeable posters for laser engravers.

We are looking for a small laser engraver to make custom rubber stamps. I would very much appreciate any recommendations, especially from the Chinese participants.

Thanx

Where are you located? If you are in the US check out my recent post #771 or #767 or check this web site:

http://www.the-lasersedge.com/index.html
    Talk with Dean....

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Good day all,

I thought I would post here as this site seems to have the most knowledgeable posters for laser engravers.

We are looking for a small laser engraver to make custom rubber stamps. I would very much appreciate any recommendations, especially from the Chinese participants.

Thanx

Thanx for the reply. We are located in Canada.

Chinese Lasers

Canam, I just purchased a Chinese Laser Engraver and am going to the factory this weekend. I will post my opinions on the model I bought if interested.
    I am also Canadian, so this may be relevant to you or not, let me know.

MSG

Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    Canam, I just purchased a Chinese Laser Engraver and am going to the factory this weekend. I will post my opinions on the model I bought if interested.
    I am also Canadian, so this may be relevant to you or not, let me know.

MSG
    Excellent. I would be very interested in your findings. Do you speak Mandarin?

Well, I'm not sure where my post that i entered Saturday went. Maybe because i post URLs?
    Anyhow, I'm not going to type it all out again. In a nutshell, it was not a Factory, more of a shared storage facility and laser sales are on hold until the problems with breakage during shipping are resolved. The good news (if you are local to Toronto) is that he has ONE 40W laser that he will sell, if picked up. I asked about another one sitting on the floor with a few parts removed, and he showed me why it was returned (Cosmetics really) and he would be willing to sell that one for a really good deal!I was shown the ways of getting engraving set up,but he switched the language to Chinese for him to understand the process , leaving me THINKING that I could do the same once home. HA! Not a chance, but I have made a few seals for practice, as the software is designed to make those rubber stamps that have a design, or lettering on them..kinda neat anyway.
    Would I buy another one knowing what I do now? Yes. It works well, but I have a steep learning curve ahead of me. I solved the Chinese language problem in the software. I was directed to another website and told to do a download from there, so now i have mostly English. That is going to be what I have to learn, how to interpret broken English directions. I will not post a URL but will say, the business name is Dingword located in Scarborough. Hope this small bit of information is of some help.

MSG

hi everybody,
    would you know who offers training for laser engravers (ie900) ink express in south america o United States (washington or miami))
    thanks

hi, i have purchased a chinese laser LG900, i have had this laser sitting around no for at least 3 month, it uses lasercut 5.0, but it will not connect to motion board, keeps timing out, would be interested in any info that may be useful in setting up my laser would be appreciated

paul

Page 39 of 57 29373839404149