587,321 active members*
3,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Hi David,
    Yeah, that's a pretty trivial change - although including it so it's a more 'generic' change for general consumption is a bit more challenging. (A nice generic change would be to make the device programmable.)

Question though, does the table need to always rotate (say) clockwise 180 then anticlockwise 180 or can it rotate the same direction always?
    If it can rotate the same direction then you could simply drive the sense input (the ack line will tell you that the table is still moving).
    If the rotation has to alternate then you could use a tiny bit of logic around the [<<] && [>>] keys.

Finally if you do build the device I could tweek a couple of lines as a one off to get the sense input to rotate in alternate directions.

Changing the following lines in keypad.c should do the trick.

Code:
    static bool gFlipDir = true;

if (SenseIn && Keypad == NOKEY)
    	{
                  if (gFlipDir)
                        Keypad = KEYNEXT;
                   else
                         Keypad = KEYPREV;

gFlipDir= !gFlipDir;
    	}

Quote Originally Posted by dpaulson View Post
    I have a request if it's possible to include. I have a 1 meter dia rotary table that I use with a welding robot. The idea of this table is for the robot to weld up components on one half of the table while an operator loads/unloads components on the other half. When both operator and robot are ready, then table turns 180 deg and then the process is repeated. I have a small circut board that receives an input from the operator and the robot and when both are 'set' then it closes a contact for output to an external controller. I presently use a Rutex step and dir servo product and his pcut software on a pc to control the table, but this setup is quite cumbersome. All that I require would be a product like this , but have one input to move 180 deg, but when pressed again to move -180deg and so on. Is this something that you can program in?
    Thanks
    David

Hi kwackers

That change looks like it'll work perfectly. I'm going to get the parts rounded up right away. The table must rotate +180 and then -180 as not to wind up other hydraulic hoses etc. that is used in the clamping with my welding jigs. If I'm successful with this one, I think I may build others to run the backguage on my shear and brake. :banana:

Thanks
    David
    D. Paulson

Steve,
    On the pcb.bmp
    Is this to be scaled down in size before printing ?

Thanks
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Shea View Post
    Steve,
    On the pcb.bmp
    Is this to be scaled down in size before printing ?

Thanks
    Ken
    Hi Ken,
    I'd imagine you'd need to scale the .bmp (I don't think it has any sizing information in it) - if you go the .bmp route then do a test print and compare it to the size of the 40 pin socket, then scale/print until the socket pins line up with the 'holes' on the printout.

However - I'd recommend using the shareware version of proteus and using the proteus file I've included. Proteus can be downloaded here http://www.proteuslite.com/. Load the file and output just the copper layer to your printer. It should be possible to convert one of these files to a format suitable for cutting on a cnc machine - although I haven't done this myself.

Steve

If you print the PCB from Proteus to a .pdf file it retains the size information and then it can be printed directly from the pdf at the correct size. Also, 'silkscreening' can be done with a laser printer and an iron, very easily since you use Proteus, just have proteus print the silkscreen layer in mirror image, then iron it on- works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackers View Post
    Hi Ken,
    I'd imagine you'd need to scale the .bmp (I don't think it has any sizing information in it) - if you go the .bmp route then do a test print and compare it to the size of the 40 pin socket, then scale/print until the socket pins line up with the 'holes' on the printout.

However - I'd recommend using the shareware version of proteus and using the proteus file I've included. Proteus can be downloaded here http://www.proteuslite.com/. Load the file and output just the copper layer to your printer. It should be possible to convert one of these files to a format suitable for cutting on a cnc machine - although I haven't done this myself.

Steve