5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Looking MasterCam Book
Page 1 of 2 12

Looking MasterCam Book

Hi :-) All
    I am newbie

I am looking Mastercam X books,the book must be cover all fuctionality of the following features such as Surface,Curve,and including some fuctions as XForm Project,XForm Translate 3D,XForm Rectangular,and XForm Roll.
    If anyone know the book cover all functions above

Please drop me a line .

Thank you for your help,and your time to reading my msg

Review this link and look at the Hand books Volume 1 and 2 this has exactly this broken down.

Link: http://www.emastercam.com/resources/
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I have a Mastercam X Training Tutorials book

I have a "Mastercam X Training Tutorials" book. I bought it new a couple of years ago and have hardly looked at it. It is in perfect condition. Copyright date July 28, 2005. It covers everything from drilling to surfaces. I paid $72 for it. You can have it for $40.

try www.techedu.com under books tab and look for mastercam..
    prices are cheaper... :-)

cdn or us money is only off around $1.00 ,

Saturday, December 1, 2007 120 Canadian Dollar = 120.342 US Dollar
    120 US Dollar (USD) = 119.659 Canadian Dollar (CAD)

Oh yeah! The price on techedu.com so cheap
    I will make an order volume 1 and volume 2 as Cadcam recommend .

Thank you so much

you guys crack me up. the prices are not cheaper there just not in Canadian money.these are the prices I charge to sell these books out of are office.
    But the two you are looking at with get you what you are looking for.

Have fun and remeber we are here to still help.

Later Cadcam
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

cadcam, since you sell the Mastercam Handbooks I have a question. I have a old Mastercam Handbook for X Volume 1. On page 4-47, Exercise 4-10 Wedge With Arc, using the right view how would I go about drawing this?

Also, what setting do you change in Mastercam X2 to get the yellow background in the dialog boxes where you enter information like you have when you post screen shots.

Thanks In Advance.

Morning MU and I will have to refrence the page you speak of to see what you are speaking of to answer.
    as for the second thought this is part of X2 Mr2 release.
    Cadcam

This is what I am not sure how to draw

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...wkg0im&thumb=4

So you have drawn this and want to know how?
    Cadcam

I edited the dimensions to show you what I want to draw. I do not know how to draw it. The edited dimensions do not reflect what is drawn.

So the dim don't count then that makes hard without numbers but I guess i should review the book tonight when I get home for this shape and get the info from this page correct?
    Cadcam

The dimensions are right and are what the book gives you. The geometry is not correct. I do not know how to draw this with just the dimensions that are given.

I now remeber this one. I do not know a simple way but creating a refrence lines and move the line from end point and the creating the line 90 deg until it comes in. the magic number for the back wall is 15 deg from virtical or 75 from Horz.

Here is my file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cadcam

I calculate the up right point's X value is 4.4641792178922981365105758665554

>I do not know a simple way but creating a refrence lines and move the line from end point and the creating the line 90 deg until it >comes in.

Cadcam, I looked at your file but it does not show me how to do what you did to get the line(s) to come in. Can you please give me a step by step procedure so I can understand how to go about making the reference lines and getting the line(s) to come in. I do not know how to go about this using a good method which I guess is repeating some steps over and over.

MC user When I get a chance I will do a short AVI on what I was doing this will be easer to explan it this way.I feel stupid as there has to be an easer way for this one. I know some were the light bulb will come on as it usally does for me, Some were.
    Cadcam

cadcam, I certainly appreciate that. I am sure I could learn a great deal from how you did this as often prints do not have enough information and no book or video that I know of covers how to handle this type of common occurrence. I certainly appreciate the effort you make and do not expect you to be perfect. I think somewhere I complimented Mike Mattera for leaving the mistakes in his videos and being honest when he makes them. I feel this makes something more realistic. I really liked your WCS video and I am looking forward to seeing this one or whatever you come up with to explain your approach.

[IMG]D:\3.jpg[/IMG]

you can draw a circle, the center is the midpoint of bevel edge of 5 and 0.804,then draw a line y is 2, you will gei a point of intersection with the circle. That is what you want.

Page 1 of 2 12