587,511 active members*
3,170 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanrabb View Post
    go to the dirt malls on the weekend. AKA flea markets, jockey lots, etc. They usually have some cheap machines there.

Yeah, you could see Greg (Gregs Computers) at the Jamestown flea market. Thats where I bought the computer to run my machine at. I found out he lives in the same neiborhood as me.
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Man....I hate when my internet goes down. I hate it even worse when it is for the whole day. Anybody else have trouble with their Charter highspeed internet?. Anyway, thanks for the advise guys on where to get a PC to run my CNC machine. I am supposed to meat with a guy who is going to show me some stuff since I am a newbie. Is anyone in here familiar with Romaxxcnc.com?

Since this is a location based question I though I would ask it here. Does anyone know of any good places around here to buy a wood built utility building. Besides Lowes or Home Depot. I am looking for something that looks simular to the display they of the Rainbow End model at the Home Depot in Hickory. I was hoping to find a little better price. The base price is fair but after I add the things it takes to make it pass the county code it gets a little pricey. Thanks - Robbie
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You will probably have better luck contracting someone to build the building for you. I used to do construction so I have a little knowledge on the matter. The mark-up on those building are outrageous!! For a building they sell for $5,000 I could build myself for about $1,500. And better quality too.

Thanks Whitesideentp,
    I will keep that in mind.
    Robbie

Help!! Quick CNC consulting gig in NC $$$??

I just purchased a 5' X 10' CNC Router table. I have no experience at all and now I realize I am over my head. I am looking for somebody who has some experience running a CNC router and would be willing to come out and spend a day or two working with me.. I just need some basics to get going.

I'm willing to pay by the day plus any travel expenses..

Somebody with any experience will know more than me. I'm looking to do this quickly..

please email me at [email protected]

I was wondering if anyone knows of any cnc job openings in the Hickory area?
    Robbie

Near Hickory and Morganton

I am heavy into diy CNC routers have even built my own controllers as well as gantrys from solid steel if you need help getting it going, call me 910-515-4612 or email [email protected]

Wood built building Shelby NC

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRob View Post
    Since this is a location based question I though I would ask it here. Does anyone know of any good places around here to buy a wood built utility building. Besides Lowes or Home Depot. I am looking for something that looks simular to the display they of the Rainbow End model at the Home Depot in Hickory. I was hoping to find a little better price. The base price is fair but after I add the things it takes to make it pass the county code it gets a little pricey. Thanks - Robbie
    There is a place in Shelby that sells wood built buildings, I think that they are made in Rutherfordton NC. it is off 221 or the sales center is in shelby on hwy74

Mach3 con

Hi, this is Dave in Hickory (Mtn View). Any of you local guys planning to go to the Mach3 con in Feb? I will be there start to finish and think it would be great if we could get together.
    Dave
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

Quote Originally Posted by beone View Post
    Hi, this is Dave in Hickory (Mtn View). Any of you local guys planning to go to the Mach3 con in Feb? I will be there start to finish and think it would be great if we could get together.
    Dave
    Yep! I'm all signed up and ready to go. A bunch of us (GliderGider, webwizard2, beone(?), myself, etc.) are planning on bringing down a zebra or something and gathering around a local watering hole Saturday night if anyone is interested. Does anyone know a decent place in Knoxville that serves 'zebra or something' and a beverage or two to wash it down?

CU There,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

mach 3 Convention

Dave
    I am planning on going, I am in Forest City NC about 3 1/2 hour drive from here.

Hey Man! I'm a new student in the school of CNC operation. Would like to be associated with someone who is experienced in the practice. I have used the old program "G-Mover" in the past. Now, I am using Mach3. On my job, I use a CNC Router/DigitalTool. Have learned alot but eager to learn more. Anyone in the SanJose/SantaClara area, let me know.

Thanx for ur time!
    "SmoothOperator"

What part of North Carolina is SanJose/SantaClara in? I don't recall it being near Hickory.
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!

What part of NC is SanJose/SantaClara in? I dont recall it being near Hickory!

What part of NC is SanJose/SantaClara in? I dont recall it being near Hickory!

I bet it's on the coast.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Bummer seems like most of the fellow carolina CNC'ers are a fair bit west of me...

I'm in Tarboro and according to Google Maps thats about 4 hours away

Anyone in the eastern NC area or close to Raleigh?
    My Website and Buildlogs - www.myhomecnc.info

Im in Winston Salem.

Clayton here!

SanJose/SantaClara?

Been a minute! but.... San Jose/SantaClara is in California. Don't know how it got confused. Maybe being new to the forum, I hit the wrong button somewhere. Anyway.....hope that clears things up.

Page 3 of 4 1234