587,784 active members*
2,477 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Free Router plans! and Discuss it here.
Page 17 of 20 71516171819
    Thanks very much, HayTay - I'll dial it in first thing tomorrow with those instructions.

And thanks for the welcome! I've actually been lurking around CNCZone for a while, but this is all new for me, so I haven't had much to contribute so far. However, I've sure appreciated being to learn from the others while I built the machine.

You're right, I am on the home stretch - it's so close I can hardly stop working on it at night. All I have left, aside from limit switches and tweaking, is the router mount. It's fairly stock..., except for size - I made it 48" X 24", switched the gas pipe out for cold rolled, and poured aluminum adjustment blocks. I'm using Ohmikron's drivers and 276 oz/in bipolars. I'm trying our different software programs - Mach3 seems to be pretty popular.

I think the next step is to build a spindle, so as not to upset the neighbours.

Thanks again

Dave
    Saltspring Island, BC Canada

dos annyone have plans for a 1m 1.5 cnc router made in allie and stell
    anny plans i have sene sofar is to small and not ridgit and also info on
    motors and drives wood steppers be ok to drive this size machine.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gerry hanley View Post
    dos annyone have plans for a 1m 1.5 cnc router made in allie and stell
    anny plans i have sene sofar is to small and not ridgit and also info on
    motors and drives wood steppers be ok to drive this size machine.
    thanks
    You probably should check out the FREE Plasma Table plans as detailed in these two threads:

Plasma Table Build Log Including Free Plans Link, & Pictures by Weldtutor

Free Plasma Table Plans

It has the two key words, STEEL and FREE. At a quick glance, the cutting area appears to be approx. 1.25m x 1.5m (49" x 61"), just what you were looking for. Of course you don't have to use the table for PLASMA cutting, just scratch anything that specifically references the PLASMA 'stuff' and make a mount for whatever router or spindle you are considering using. Of course, the plans could be adapted in order to use aluminum plate, angle or 80/20 extrusions instead of all steel.

Don't forget the MechMate plans for a STEEL table that are also provided for FREE! See the MechMate Downloads section on their website for the plans. I believe the MechMate has a cutting area of at least 4' x 8' (1.22m x 2.44m). I'm sure the bed length can be scaled down to the 1.5m (5') size you're looking for.

Data-Cut sells plans (99 USD) for a slightly smaller table constructed from precision ground cast ALUMINUM plate and extruded ALUMINUM rail. The cutting area is around 30" x 49" (0.75m x 1.25m). I don't know how easily the Data-Cut design can be scaled up to meet your cutting size requirements. Additional information is provided in Data-Cut's Assembly List/FAQ .RTF document.

Gerry, you probably need to move out of the JGRO Router Table Design section and start your own thread. You'll get more information (or more useful information), quicker, and from a larger number of members. I hope this is enough to get you started.
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Great Plans --- Basic Question...

JRGO - thanks for all the selfless hardwork that went into these plans...you are da man! Anyway, I am a complete newbie to CNC stuff and got interested due to another project...I am wanting to build your plans but have a really basic software question. What is good software package at a low cost that will run on a MAC OS X? Everything I've seen is PC/Windows stuff and I don't have a single machine with Windows (or one that will run it). Anybody have any ideas for MAC software to play with while I am working on building a machine?

Thanks,

Hos

Hoskald:
    I did a search for you. There maybe better search terms.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/search...archid=1192476

Question RotoZip Mount Sizes

Will the RotoZip 2 fit the RotoZip 1 mount?

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I bet you'll want to after you use it for awhile. I wouldn't think you'd have a problem cutting foam at that speed, as there would be basically no load on the spindle.

Sounds like it should work OK, but the power supply might be a bit marginal on the current rating. Might be OK, though.
    my cncrouter www_cncrouter_ru

nice machine

Hello all,

Just discovered this site tonight. Great information here! Can someone tell me how to access the jgro router plans. I would be interested in reading about it, but cannot find the link to the actual plans. Thanks in advance. woodchucker

Quote Originally Posted by woodchucker View Post
    Hello all,

Just discovered this site tonight. Great information here! Can someone tell me how to access the jgro router plans. I would be interested in reading about it, but cannot find the link to the actual plans. Thanks in advance. woodchucker
    woodchucker,

A hearty welcome to CNCzone. Take a look around and you'll find all sorts of fantastic plans, ideas, links and esoteric information. Enjoy!

To answer your question and to get you started, here are the links to the JGRO plans in DXF format and the JGRO plans in PDF format.

Take your time and wade through the, now almost, 30 pages of this thread and most of your questions will be answered. I know it's a tough job but someone's got to do it. Post any unanswered questions and you'll usually get a fairly quick reply.

Good luck with your build,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

My school's CNC (a Techno-Isel) has a travel area of 30.5" x 34". One
    of the parts I must cut out for the machine is 41.67" long and others
    are very close to 34".

What procedure/method should be used to cut pieces longer than the
    travel?
    Or what other ways are there to fix this problem?

How would you reccommend I go about cutting the parts? I was planning
    on using a sacrificial piece of MDF, then laying down a piece of MDF
    the size of the travel and then cutting out multiple parts at once.

Any Ideas?

If the piece of wood to be cut is not itself limited by the size of the travel in one axis and the piece can have extra holes could you (1) use the CNC to make a series of inline holes in the sacrificial MDF (say every 6" left to right). (2) move this sacrificial piece 6" (to the left). (3) lay down your part piece and use the same code to cut two or more holes from the sequence as far apart as possible. (4) peg the part to the sacrificial piece using 5/16" dowels and clamps (5) cut the left hand end of the part (6) move the part 6" (12" etc) to the left and re-dowel and clamp. (7) cut the right hand end of the part with the appropriate offset.

The guide holes in the piece part need not go all the way through if that would help.

I really don't know if the G-code can be made to cut half a part i.e. an open cut. Please
    understand you have about a 50 year lead on me in this endeavour as my own CNC is still a work in progress.

i'm looking for plans to build my own cnc plasma cutter machine, if anyone could help

Quote Originally Posted by sheff92869 View Post
    i'm looking for plans to build my own cnc plasma cutter machine, if anyone could help
    What size? my 4x4 can be used as plasma, and you can use it as a regular cnc machine if you like, just adapt the bed for plasma.

4x4 would work for me, to start out with

Quote Originally Posted by sheff92869 View Post
    4x4 would work for me, to start out with
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38220

Thanx JGRO

I just seen this thread and thought I would thank you for the plans. Amazing detail. I have been gathering "stuff" to build it for over a year now. But this year should be it. I think I have everything. Bearings, pipe, wood, steppers, controller (Xylotex), router (or plasma) and computer. I sure that I forgot something, oh yea, TIME. Oh well, I really want it bad, I am sure to find the time. Thanx again,
    John
    We need not all think alike, but we should all THINK!

Where did JGRO go anyway. I agree his drawings and design are great. I built one as a starter machine, and now I'm ready to build a bigger and stronger more modern design.

Still, I wonder where the JGRO inventor went? I've been on this forum for a solid year, and I haven't seen him post, not even once.

All you have to do is a search

Search: Posts Made By: jgro
    Forum: Casting Metals 01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
    Replies: 10
    DIY Spin-Casting?
    Views: 687
    Posted By jgro

Hope this helps.

jgro
    What is possible? What you will!

The link didn't work for me

I was not able to view or download the plans from the link provided. It does sound interesting.

Bob

Page 17 of 20 71516171819