588,094 active members*
5,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New to the Forum

Hey all, I stumbled upon this forum while trying to find a source for 3/8 fiberboard for use in building Custom Framed Bulletin Boards. It got me to thinking about another need I have in my Frame shop. I Have a CMC (Computerized Mat Cutter) for doing designs in Mat board. However, occasionally there are design limitations with this machine because it uses a blade. Am i correct in thinking that a CNC would successfully cut intricate designs into 1/8 mdf or other similar material? and if so, how would I go about finding someone close to me that I could contract these services out to? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Erik

Welcome. Routers cut MDF very nicely. You can use this forum to ask people to cut you some parts... or post where you are located and someone on this board may help you out.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

What type of blade does the mat cutter use and does it change directiosn when the x-y direction is changed? I was thinking about this the other day when my wifed asked if my cnc could cut her out some scrap booking letters out of poster board.. thought I would need a blade and a way to turn it as I changed directions.