587,982 active members*
4,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    yes 0.15 depth cuts, 60 to 80ipm feed rate, and tabs on last pass, then i just cut with knife and use flush trim bit to final trim off tabs.

look forward to more pictures...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    He did a good job on the deflector. I will be doing one of those for sure on the 4x4.

Joe

I have now been using this deflector for about 2 months, I love it. Removal of the cutters is way to easy, I actually think it is faster than trying to get the tools out of the quick tool change (expect if you had it set up for ATC which I personally don't think would work for me). I now have two dust sheild sone for short cutters and one for longer cutters.

Look forward to seeing it incorporated into the 4 * 4. Need any help with getting it implemented for it let me know.

BuzzArt

Buzz you are one of the ones that has taken the machine and run with the ball, I just provided the basic machine but its people like you and others who take it a step further and improve upon it. and sharing with others for the greater good.

hopefully someday the wife will let ya build a bigger machine and your signs and work will increase.

i take it the machine is working well for you.

Want do you mean "just provided the basic machine". Without all the work and support you put into the awesome design of the 2006 machine I would not be able to do what I have so quickly and easily. Enhancing it and giving back to the community is a pleasure.

Not so sure about getting the additional room yet, already took over my older computer lab which is 10 * 16 for paint a prep environment.

Machine is working very well. Did tons of work before Xmas and just starting to get back into it after a 3 week break. Next modification I am hoping to get to is to improve the sacrifical table so that it will work more freindly with my T Slots. Present problem is the T slots are only available outside the sacraficial bed area. I have an idea that will expose them everywhere. Once done I will document my mods and why I did them. Hoping to get around to it in Feburary.

Well it looks like the thinking is already done on the deflector. Great - I can get back to building airplanes. Thanks so much.

I am using mastercam. I never thought of tabs only on the last pass - so obvious once you think of it.

Thanks for the help guys.

I am trying to engrave a placard for my aircraft in aluminum. The letters are 1/4" high and I am cutting them with a 60 deg point carbide sign cutting bit. I am cutting around 20 thou. deep with the hitachi router cranked up to full rpm. The results are awful. The aluminum looks like it has been melted and basically plowed out of the way. The bottoms of the cuts are pockmarked, not smooth. So I assume I am using the wrong bit or rpm. Any suggestions?

Also, the machine is rounding off the square corners of letters and the bottom elbows of the letter W don't make it all the way to the bottom so the letter is short. Is this backlash or something in the settings? Any advise for the cutter, feeds, speeds or a possible bug with Vcarve would be appreciated.

Hi sblack,

The 'rounded corner' problem you are seeing could well be related to the Constant Velocity setting in your control software (Mach?). Looking on the vectric forum and to avoid this problem people appear to run their machines with constant velocity switched off.

See > http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17642#17642

I hope this helps and if anyone else has any experience of this type of issue it would be interesting to hear how you stop this happening?

Tony

Page 3 of 3 123