587,765 active members*
3,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas spindel Deriver, Regen problem

Hybrid View

Dear Greg;
    Thank you for your kind message.
    In fact there was a another problem. When operator push the emergency buton, error LED on the circut board was turning on. I try to hard, I have drawn the circuit diagram. At last, I can fınd the problem. The problem was on U25 output. The output was short to ground.
    As I describe before when the contactor activated, while the motor not turning, Mosfet is defected. Namely, Drain-Source has been short. For this reason REGEN rezistor has heated immadiately and the machine has given over heat error.
    In fact first time the contactor is not activated. While I am searching the reason, I have done short circuit of ISO12 tranzistor side. Than contactor turn on. After in ten seconds ,I have heart tic voice. Then REGEN resiztor block is heated.
    I want to understand that how can the control circuit recognize the slowing the motor.
    Is it from the stop command or is it sense form the control board? Is that may be on the speed feed back sense modules LA-100P? Is that may be any off set problem of some operationel amplifiers? The U7 op.amp. pin 16 is -15VDC, other outputs are 0V of the two op.amps.
    Best regards
    Tayfun Kusluoglu

The problems I had with my vector drive were not related to the regen IGBT but it sounds like you are having that problem.

The logic board controls everything in the Vector drive. There is an IGBT driver on the circuit board that commands the IGBT to 'turn on' when it wants to slow the spindle.

You are trying to figure out if the IGBT is bad or if the logic board is commanding it to turn on when it shouldn't be.

Have you tried to disconnect the plug between the logic board and the IGBT, then running it? I think you'll get an error but it might be a different one. That could help to isolate the problem.

Here is a site that has the data sheet on that device:
    http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/pa...244/75N120.php

There is a download for the datasheet. (http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/do...-number=75N120) It sounds like you know how to diagnose electronics. The datasheet may help you to take it out and bench test the IGBT.

I hope the logic board is good in the vector drive. The problems I had were related to something on that logic board. I could not buy a replacement and I could not find the problem. It required a new vector drive from Haas.
    Greg