588,398 active members*
4,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Vancouver Washington/Portland Oregon

Hybrid View

I'm down in Salem if anyone is interested in meeting up or perhaps taking on a student. There is always more to learn!

~Levi

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I'm down in Salem if anyone is interested in meeting up or perhaps taking on a student. There is always more to learn!

~Levi
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

~Levi
    WOW, is your name Levi too?!? I am up in the Portland area - I would love to meet up with some fellow machinists. I started my CNC ownership back in 2007, so I am still a newbie. I write my own Gcode, at least until I find a descent program (and I can't afford mastercam's hefty price tag right now)... Anyone going to WESTEC this year (March 23-25, 2010)?

Not much recent activity on this thread but I am looking for a Portland area group that shares an interest in machining. Is the Portland Model Engineers Group still active? Their website seems a bit dusty...:wave::cheers:
    I live in Tualatin and have recently completed (is it really ever completed?) a retrofit of a Tree J325 Mill, and a Hardinge HC lathe. My focus is on making motorcycle parts and I've recently finished some fork caps. It took about 8 months from cutting a hex in a block of wood to using the lathe and mill to get a complete part. I use Mach3 as the system controller and it has a thread milling program that I was able to experiment with and get great results.

Bill