587,760 active members*
2,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

There are other reasons for the food shortage besides fuel,some of them are minor,but a reason none the less.
    There is a town not far from me that has a farm,that farm supplies food and shelter for the homeless,all that is asked is that the people help with the crops and livestock.
    Not far from there is a homeless shelter,free food,bed,some clothes..All that is asked is that you have a turn with the preparation of meals.

Which one do you think gets the most homeless people?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaholic View Post
    There are other reasons for the food shortage besides fuel,some of them are minor,but a reason none the less.
    It's wizardry to try to come up with exact proportions, but there is no question that debasement of the currency has caused a run on commodities as people try to protect their savings, since cash alone is a losing proposition. The artificially induced pressure on the food supply exacerbates the situation. And it takes time for the numbers to show up. Businesses drain their savings trying to stay competitive -- they can't raise prices until their competitors do. Then, once the barrier is broken, price increases appear in a rush. My own personal opinion is that we haven't seen the full effects of what has already been done yet. When food processors hunker down into survival mode, we are going to get slammed.

There is a town not far from me that has a farm,that farm supplies food and shelter for the homeless,all that is asked is that the people help with the crops and livestock.
    Not far from there is a homeless shelter,free food,bed,some clothes..All that is asked is that you have a turn with the preparation of meals.

Which one do you think gets the most homeless people?
    Heh. I know which one I would gravitate to if I were in dire straits. I'd like to find some way to say thanks to that farmer. Taxation has destroyed the ability and the motive for most charitable activity in this, the most generous society in the history of mankind. Now, the government is seen as charitable while wealth producers like that farmer are forced to pay their fair share at gunpoint.

--97T--