588,074 active members*
4,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > New Mastercam Surface Training For X & X2
Page 1 of 2 12

New Mastercam Surface Training For X & X2

Some of you were asking for the surface training. Intro is ready , intro to Basic Surface Training for X & X2.
    http://www.cad2cam.net/mastercamx_basic_surface%20.html
    V9 should be done this week and then on to advanced with more advance options like trimming, curves, blend surfacing and advanced modeling for both versions in a couple weeks.
    Please email me or call with questions.
    Steve
    [email protected]
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

This training is an internet download for introduction to Surface Modeling. If you have not used surfacing in Mastercam it is a very powerful tool.
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.net

How big a file, Steve ? Have faster Internet connection at work. Thank's.

Harold

Hi Harold,
    It is about 203mb zipped. Less than the last Mastercam service pack download.
    Steve
    [email protected]
    www.cad2cam.net

Steve the last mastercam Sp1 was 91 megs. Sorry had to point that out.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Jay you are right sorry, my Lathe training download is 90 mb video
    http://www.cad2cam.net/xlathebook.htm. I thought one of the X2 downloads were larger than 200mb.
    Thanks for pointing that out
    Steve
    [email protected]
    www.cad2cam.net

The MR2 update was big. I bet thats what you were thinking of.
    Have a great day.

Hope to see some of your surface trainings disk some day. ;-)
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Guys I should have the samples up in a day or so this Video is for intro to surface modeling in X and X2
    Thank you for the email questions
    steve
    [email protected]
    www.cad2cam.net

One other question, Steve, Will the video include creation of tool-paths or just geometry creation ? Thank's. Harold

Creating surfaces there is no toolpath. what are you looking for? what would you like to see? I would take requests on what kind of training you would like to see.
    [email protected]
    www.cad2cam.net

Here Is a Link on what is on the download

http://www.cad2cam.net/1%20sample%20...e%20video.html
    www.cad2cam.net

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Arteman View Post
    Some of you were asking for the surface training. Intro is ready , intro to Basic Surface Training for X & X2.
    V9 should be done this week and then on to advanced with more advance options like trimming, curves, blend surfacing and advanced modeling for both versions in a couple weeks.
    Please email me or call with questions.
    Steve
    [email protected]
    www.cad2cam.net
    I see this as needing to be a package with a surfacing toolpath video. I'd start crying bitter tears if I created these surfaces and then couldn't machine them.

User,
    You can buy the package, I have the surface toolpath video on my site under X videos.
    http://cad2cam.net/Mastercam_training_VX.html
    If you are looking for create surfaces and have toolpath on the same cd that probably won't happen, even if you took a Mastercam class from a dealer, it would not be taught like that. Many people get surface files or solid models and know how to cut but have no idea ho to fix or create extra surfaces or fix bad surface that come in with the model or surface file. And for the people that know ho to create solids, surfaces will be used at some point and time for trimming or extra cut surfaces guaranteed.

I will consider is somebody send a part print, I will make a video on that part from start to finish. design solid or surface model and machine it complete, one part the video would cost less depending on the steps. The part would have to be something I could sell on my site for all.

Steve Arteman
    [email protected]
    www.cad2cam.net

User,
    You can buy the package, I have the surface toolpath video on my site under X videos.
    http://cad2cam.net/Mastercam_training_VX.html
    If you are looking for create surfaces and have toolpath on the same cd that probably won't happen, even if you took a Mastercam class from a dealer, it would not be taught like that. Many people get surface files or solid models and know how to cut but have no idea ho to fix or create extra surfaces or fix bad surface that come in with the model or surface file. And for the people that know ho to create solids, surfaces will be used at some point and time for trimming or extra cut surfaces guaranteed.

I will consider is somebody send a part print, I will make a video on that part from start to finish. design solid or surface model and machine it complete, one part the video would cost less depending on the steps. The part would have to be something I could sell on my site for all.

Steve Arteman
    [email protected]
    I must be missing something. I see a video CD for X2 for creating basic surfaces. I see no video CD for X2 on surfacing toolpath. I have no issue with two CD's. What I have an issue with is that I feel both surface creation and toolpath editing need to be covered. One without the other doesn't make sense to me.

What I have an issue with is that I feel both surface creation and toolpath editing need to be covered. One without the other doesn't make sense to me.
    Mc user,
    The CD listed on this page cover 3-d surface toolpaths , as I said previous, this training would not fit on one Cd and not all people looking for surface design help need to know toolpath. I'm sorry it dosen't fit your needs but I have many people ask me for just for surface creation.
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net

Mc user,
    The CD listed on this page cover 3-d surface toolpaths , as I said previous, this training would not fit on one Cd and not all people looking for surface design help need to know toolpath. I'm sorry it dosen't fit your needs but I have many people ask me for just for surface creation.
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.net
    So what you suggest is a combination of Mike Mattera's toolpath surfacing CD that you sell and your own surface creation CD?

User what is it that you are looking for? are you looking for something different?? I am willing to make something different. What do you want? Send me your toughest problem part and I will design (surface solid or both) and machine it on video and put it up on the site for sale. The training CDs don't happen overnight so you might have to wait a month or so.
    One part one design as many toolpaths as needed to finish. you tell me what you want I will do it, if it is reasonable. It will be me doing the videos, not really sure if that matters unless I ask Mike to help me. Would that cause a problem for you? I think I have offered this to you before but didn't hear anything until the thread here.
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net

User what is it that you are looking for? are you looking for something different?? I am willing to make something different. What do you want? Send me your toughest problem part and I will design (surface solid or both) and machine it on video and put it up on the site for sale.
    www.cad2cam.net
    Steve, you're talking to Jon "Malcontent" Banquer. He isn't looking for anything, he's not looking for something different, and he doesn't know what he wants.

As a habitual malcontent, he just needs something to complain about.

Oh I know Jon He already has the surface toolpath video I thought
    Thanks Joe!!
    steve
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net

Joe due you thin Mastercam user is Jon?
    Cadcam

Page 1 of 2 12