587,394 active members*
3,763 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Puget Sound CNC Enthusiasts & BBQ
Page 2 of 3 123
    To the list in general: would you be interested in widening the invitation to include general machinists and possibly some other groups?

Don: Would you be open to making a technical presentation?

Who else would be able to offer a technical presentation?
    George Lawrence Storm, Kenmore (Seattle), Washington
    Inventor, Machinist, Macintosh Applications Developer, Videographer

I would attend, sounds like this might happen. I know a couple of others that would attend but are shy about posting.

Mike

keencoyote,

I think anyone who is interested in attending is more than welcome.

mlaws1172,

Bring your shy friends and enjoy.

Mike, and All;

This is starting to look like a much better response to the BBQ idea :-)

I also, like the "Lake Washington Technical College" site.

And, I also like the "Grizzly Tent Sale" idea, I go each year and was first in-line two years ago - we were all given "Grizzly Hats" for staying up all night!

Mike, you asked: "By the way what do you guys do?" - Well . . . I have a hobby-retirement shop and make parts and things for customers. You can review some of my projects and parts at my photo gallery at: http://www.MR-FAB.com

For CNC (not quite), I have a PlasmaCAM for cutting parts.

I have been building a 3'x4' CNC router table for some time, but with little progress lately :-( I started the router table before reading/joining the CNC-zone and have already committed the design before seeing the good ideas from the group, I will know better next time.

Lets, make the BBQ happen, SOON! Call it an organizational meeting. Even if we only have a small group at the first meeting, the news will encourage others to join later.

Eldon

eldonb46,

I agree with everything you said. Except for the all night Grizzly thing. I think that venue might be too distracting for any serious learning and sharing of ideas. Anyway I'm looking forward to it and hope we can come up with some kind of plan that we can all agree on soon.

Dan Mauch emailed me that he would be happy to give a talk. He will not be available for a period at the end of July. Others I have contacted are all interested in the date. So, can we get a ball park here? Has any one heard from George (keencoyote)?

Eldon, look me up in the metal working section in the showroom at the tent sale. Short, bearded and usually surrounded at these things...

Mike, my good friend Joel Jensen is excited to come along. He makes musical instrements, too!

With all the talent and background that might come to this thing, we just might have to pull an all-nighter ;/)

Doug

I'm still here, just trying to gage interest.

Mike, and ALL

Check out the following thread;

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38760

This discussion has been going on for a long time, with lots of interest, but apparently with little action, maybe we should combine efforts.

Eldon

Eldon,

I agree we should combine the two but in the Seattle area. I still like the Lake Washington Technical College plan the best.

I posted the above thread but didn't have a good location. I think you guys have solved that problem and if Dan Mauch gives a talk I believe you have a hit.

I also contacted Tom at CandCNC to see if he is interested in sending some of his goodies or something.

This would be a good place to start an organization to sponsor future events.

Mike

I would like to open the invitation to all machinists, CNC heads (wood metal plastic), roboticist, etc. Who else?

How about some suggested dates? (end of June early July do NOT work because the college starts it's summer quarter.)

Time, from when until when?

Will this simply be casual or can we have some formal presentations (helps me draw some students & faculty)? Who is willing to give a presentation? We need some volunteers.

Include a swap meet? (Any problems with the locals & taxes?)

Demo area (what are you willing to bring for show & tell)?

Food or not, potluck or catered?

The college is going to ask "how many?".

- George Lawrence Storm

Hi all,

I plan on bringing my 25" X 39" K2CNC Router with the Computer and the MACH3 software and cut some parts. I can answer any questions about it's Programming, Setup, and Operation. I am also a 3D Mastercam and Solidworks Guru. You've got questions, I have real world answers.

Well....I just got a PM about this very thread. Thanks by the way.
    I just moved into my new 11k ft building. We're talking about having an open house pretty soon. I would be more than happy to throw a BBQ here at the shop. We have a couple of toys you guys might be interested in....
    I'm in Bremerton.

Talking More Washinton CNC Enthusiasts in the Puget Sound Clubhouse :D

PBMW,

Thank you for posting. Wow that is one wild Ferry ride (see pic.)

I would personally love to to come to your open house anytime. I will bring

my Weber and Steaks. :cheers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bremerton.jpg  

I'm in

I would attend any kind of an event in the general Seattle area. If there is a "swap meet" of sorts I have a bunch of things I could bring - stepper motors, Gecko drives, linear rails and bearings, even my Grizzly Mini-Mill that is surplus now that I have my SuperX3 converted to CNC. I'll watch this thread to see if anything firms up.

The more the merrier.

devers6,

Sounds great to me. I think everyone should bring their cool stuff and see what happens.

Is July 12 available ????

Eldon

Hi! I just found this thread. I'm interested in attending some sort of get-together in the Seattle area. I'm in the Bothell/Mill Creek area. Here's the thread to my Boeing Surplus Store router

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49764

I also have a CNC Taig mill. I'm using Ubuntu Linux with EMC2 and the Vectric suite of software (VCarve Pro, Cut3D, PhotoVCarve). I wish I had the time to learn 3D CAD (Alibre). I also have a load of parts (steppers, servos, drivers, ballscrews, etc) for trade.

Hello, helloooo, (is this thing ON?) . . . . did this thread just die? :-(

Is the College Space available for a July 12 meeting?

Would anyone attend a July 12 meeting?

Eldon

The thread is not dead. Still waiting for some more feedback. What's up with July 12?

Page 2 of 3 123