587,465 active members*
2,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

haas vf2 low voltage

I went on vaction for a week and came home and fired up my CNC and alarm 160 pops up. This is a low voltage alarm. Well I opened the back electrical panel and turned it on and was checking voltages and everything checks out fine but when I turned off the power I noticed on the frequency converter digital distplay it said low DC Buss voltage. So I turned it back on and went to the diagnostics on the main controler at the front and looked at the DC Buss voltage there and it was reading zero. Are theses signs that maybe the power supply went bad?? What else should I check. How do I check the voltage coming from the power supply and what should it be. In the manual it said the DC Buss voltage should be 150 volt or so. What should be my next step before callin a tech?

THanks Justin

first you need to know if you have a vector drive and brushless servos or dc servos for the axis, dc machines run at 160 and vector drives run at 320. either way you need to measure the voltage to see if you have voltage or if the diagnostic is correct and you do not have voltage.
    REYTECH Machine Service Corp. CNC repair NY, NJ
    http://www.reytechmachine.com