587,997 active members*
2,195 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > We Want Your Feature Requests
Page 2 of 5 1234
    I think "Software is not a problem but the distributor and sales personal are the problem"...Just add one feature request to them, don't bother your customer..talk them gently and win the hearts...

Hope this post will also deleted..
    Regards

Default to select mode is an excellent idea, with I thought of it.

I use the "blank"/"unblank" function dozens of times a day - and I almost always use it in conjunction with a selection mask for "solids" (I use this to toggle between solid models (for seeing the part) and lines (for CAM). It would save me a LOT of time if there was a way I could create a button which automatically would blank solids (i.e. allow users to make their own button which combines a specific selection mask with the "blank" feature").
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

I appreciate you listening.

Also, it would be nice if the dialogue box which opens screen left when a function is selected opens "on top" so I don't have to enlarge it's window to see all the option/value buttons (not sure if I made myself clear).

A copy feature ability would be cool. That way you can set the params in the first one and then duplicate it (all but the geometry selection).

We can rename the features in the CAM tree, but it would be nice if that name showed up in the NC file in a comment.

Some way of formatting output in the post would be nice. Something along the lines of the Visual Basic Format() function. Where you could change 4.000 to 400 or T1 to T11. In a word, scripting.

I know the Predator editor comes with the system, but it would be nice if we could point the NC output to an editor of our choice.

Oh, and a machining coordinate system. I know... probably too much to ask. But that would rock!!!

Steve

I just want stability and reliable code. I have an old DOS cam program that I use over my Bobcad Ver. 20 simply because I know the code will be correct. I'm not even going to bother telling the story of BS that I got from the sales people when I upgraded from ver. 18 to ver. 20. Maybe if your company was willing to give me a fully usable version for a trial prior to purchase I might upgrade. You guy's take the risk this time!

BobK: Good point! We should discuss this. Maybe next week if you have a free moment.
    smurph: Are you thinking of a particular editor? We do have a "stand alone" predator editor that we offer that can work with anyone's CAM. However you would need help possibly on the header depending on which CAM system you are using. It's a good product. We will certainly take a look at this request.
    tikka308: Nice request as well. I am putting that on the list for discussion. It may be possible to release that along with an update rather than a major upgrade. This way no one has to pay for it.
    rardoin: I will want to put you in contact with my project manager so that he can get more details. If you IM me your number I can have him call you next week. Sound good?
    orizaba: I will need to get some more details from you. You or anyone can email me directly at [email protected]. This way we can continue to work together to get you what you need.

Some of these feature requests may be quick to produce. However I will need some time to get back to everyone. Some of the containment features will most likely be in the next major revision but right now we are not focusing on V23, we are focusing on V22 and you as customers.

CNCdude

Chris,

Yes, I'm thinking of the editor that I wrote. It's more of a stream editor that makes changes to the NC output on the fly for one of our more non standard controllers. So it's very specific to our needs. Scripting in the post processor would probably eliminate the need for my editor.

Steve

The default to select mode I was referring to was from a post that I think was deleted.
    I may be doing this wrong, but if I want to select geometry, I have to close the dialoge box, then choose "select" from the drop down menu. It would be nice if it would default to select mode when the dialoge is not in use. Maybe it can do this now and I just dont know how.

orizaba - i think your statement is correct. a slightly quickly, albeit still "annoying" way to select is the keyboard short alt-e-s
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

Steve,
    Your Mill Post editor is awesome and we will be using it for sure. Talk to Chris R. and we can get that ball rolling. Nice product and it will make things super easy for the customer!
    CNCdude

I would LOVE to see the mouse pointer replaced with a simple full-screen moving cross-hair that will select the nearest entity without having to actually touch it. Close can be good enough, and it's less mental labor for the user. I also like the idea of the dynamic zoom as suggested earlier.

How about getting rid of the most annoying RIGHT CLICKING!!!!!!!!! Way too many clicks to do simple functions.

BTW: I believe the selection distance can be changed. But with all the new feature additions that may have been broken too at one update patch or another.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Oh yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    How about getting rid of the most annoying RIGHT CLICKING!!!!!!!!! Way too many clicks to do simple functions.
    AMEN.

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    BTW: I believe the selection distance can be changed. But with all the new feature additions that may have been broken too at one update patch or another.
    It can, but the mouse pointer is a lousy method of picking things too.
    Hate the mouse pointer.

Contour who’s idea was that for the way to select the direction of cut cw or ccw.

If you find a new way to select direction of cut I would go one more step and find a way to tell it its inside or outside for profile cutting.

John

Quote Originally Posted by COMMAND JOHN View Post
    If you find a new way to select direction of cut I would go one more step and find a way to tell it its inside or outside for profile cutting.

John
    A simple stereo button or check box in the parameter settings would have been more than efficient.

Not to mention the cutter comp issues. There should be a way to select Centerline or Radial.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

One other thing....but I admit it's nit-picking.... I would like to see some changes made in the dimensioning. If extension lines could have a bit more space between them and the entity, that would be nice, and if also they were entity dependent, that would also be great. By that I mean, if you dimension a horizontal dimension from one vertical line to another, should you trim one of them back, the extension line would move with it, but leave the dimension line in tact. Also, a quick way to edit the orientation of a dinension would be awesome. Want to change the text from reading horizontal to reading inline? Easy! How about moving the text closer to one extension line, or centering it, or changing the alignment from middle to top or bottom, etc., or simply allowing both english and metric dimensions at the same time.... there's so much that can be done.

Or how about the option of using English or Metric on the fly while drawing, instead of having to change the settings of the whole document? Whoa... now you're talking serious stuff...

But then, I was spoiled By Unigraphics in my younger days...

I would like to be able to print the tool assignments

Bells and whistles are great, but wouldn't you guys rather BCC fix what needs to be fixed now so the software works. Bells and whistles can always be added later. Wouldn't you agree???
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Talking

Hey Wren (The One)! Let's get these boys what they need!
    CNC Dude

Page 2 of 5 1234