587,832 active members*
3,515 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V22-Pro

Hybrid View

V22-Pro

Assuming that they get this software working properly and you actually feel confident sending code from it to your machines...

Is anyone using the pro version? How are the 3 axis tool paths? How do they compare to any other software you've used?

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Yes, I use V22Pro to create code for two different router tables a 4x8 that runs Deskcnc and 5X10 that runs Mach3. It did take some work to get the post processor customized to work the way I wanted them to but now I have a good deal of confidence in the code produced. You do need to take the time and learn how to make adjustments using the Milledit post manager. I have used v21 for a year or so before upgrading to v22, although they are similar to draw with the cam side is much different and might I a say much better and more automated. I like the integrated cam tree it is a much better an easier to make changes on the fly than the way you had to deal building code in v21. I am still having trouble with the occasional crashes and have had to learn to save frequently. I do hope the new patch can help the stability and eliminate most of the crashes. I did purchase the full training cd’s and I frequently have to look back to remember the correct sequences for functions I don’t use as much. I have copied them to my hard drive to save time.

I began my cnc experience with Turbocadcam v1 –v2.5. The drawing capabilities may be better in TBCC but BBC has always beat them on the cam side.

I hope this helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bobborck View Post
    Assuming that they get this software working properly and you actually feel confident sending code from it to your machines...

Is anyone using the pro version? How are the 3 axis tool paths? How do they compare to any other software you've used?

Thanks for sharing

Bob
    I use the pro version, it works well for my application. I usually use the slice planer, radial and spiral at part depth only. I find the Z rough works well for all the roughing . Z finish has its good points often I will use it with one of the slice cuts to finish a part.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the 3D on BobCAD v22. We've been cutting injection molds with it and had no problems. Z level rough is indispensable. I don't know how we got along without it.

Steve

I use both solidworks and bobcadv22pro the pro version works fine for me I have a really good post and that makes the difference im sure now it still crashes once in a while but I am sure they are working on that and should be fixed just before they turn out another version.