587,744 active members*
2,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > gibbs cam training
Page 1 of 2 12

gibbs cam training

Im trying to learn gibbs, can anyone direct me to either a good book or online course. Thanks

If you don't have the manuals, I would suggest going to www.gibbscam.com and find the nearest Reseller in your area and contact them. Manuals are hard to find and I'm not aware of any online training. The reseller should have other available options. Good Luck.

GibbsCAM Training

If you have a legal copy of the software (with a dongle), then you have all the books on the install CD. Start with the "Getting started" book and work your way up. Once you have a little foundation, and have an idea of where the buttons are located. Contact your local rep for a day of training. One day for either mill or lathe should get you up and running. Then, the rest of the reference books will be a huge help.

Ooops!

Sorry about the previous reply. As sld4121 stated, there are tutorials once you open up a Gibbs program. Go to "Help" located on the top bar near the center and start with Getting Started. Some older versions may not have this available. Current ver. is 8.5.13.

gibbscam 2007

gibbscam 2007, how good is it?

GibbsCam 2007, for a mid-priced software, is a great choice in my opinion. We have been using it since 1999. It offers both features of CAD and CAM.
    It depends on your situation on what you are looking for in programming software. If your not in a rush, Gibbs 2008 is due out late this year which is supposed to have enhanced 3D cutting options. One note is they have a maintainance program which, depending on your situation, can be pricey but to me is worth the cost because of the updates and as long as your in the program, new versions are included. MasterCam is set up the same way I think Bottom line is the vesitility it gives me in CAD and CAM plus the capability to read many file formats is worth the investment. Good luck on your choice.

Affordable Gibbs Training

There is a company out of PA that does the training for a fraction of what the classes cost at Gibbs in California. The company is Pace-tech Sercices Inc. The contact I have is Rocky Pacelli and the phone # is (724)423-1794. I hope that this gives you all the information that you need.

Joseph Vitanza

Manager, Programming and Machining Shop Development
    Wrayco Industries, Inc.
    5010 Hudson Rd.
    Stow, Ohio 44224

Ph: 330-688-5617 Ext. 236
    Fax: 330-688-3488
    E-mail: [email protected]

Is their diredt support really available or do they force you through the reseller?

Direct support is always available through tech support. However, I believe that you need to be on maintenance to access that part of the website. They also offer classes at their facility in California - for a small fee ;o).

The one thing that Gibbs typically will not do is provide free mods to post processors. Some of the resellers are a little more liberal with that aspect of it depending on what you need done.

Hope that helps.

Gibbscam PDF

Check this site

http://www.kxcad.net/Gibbs/index.htm

You can download them.

http://www.kxcad.net

for other tutorials

Hope this helps to all

Burgerboy

Quote Originally Posted by burgerboy View Post
    Check this site
    You can download them.
    for other tutorials
    Hope this helps to all
    Burgerboy
    Well that is stupid, that is just the stuff that comes with the software. Nothing different, just slower because it is going across the net.

Hi Muzzy,

Virtual CD Trainer is out of business. When it was in business their Virtual CD Trainer video had not been updated in years. There is no reasonably priced Gibbscam video training like there is for Mastercam or Edgecam. See:

www.tipsforcadcam.com

The lack of good independant training for Gibbscam which is fairly priced is one of the many reasons we moved away from Gibbscam. Gibbscam wants you to pay large money to attend their "official training" at their headquarters or at a resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekwrtr View Post
    Well that is stupid, that is just the stuff that comes with the software. Nothing different, just slower because it is going across the net.
    Some of us are just employees and work for a shop so this is a great help. What would be even better is if reasonably priced independant video training was available for Gibbscam done by an experienced machinist. Why this is not available by now is to quote you- "stupid".

Hello everybody

Hi MasterCam User.
    Would you tell me where can I find the MasterCam tutor books or how to use MasterCam program ?
    Iam a Gibbs programmer and also a machinist ( run cnc lathe ).
    Thanks

Hi qmass99
    I Like GibbsCam 2007 . and it is very simple . You can buy a video training software and learn .

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercam User View Post
    http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/

See the entry entitled-> What It's Really Like Using Mastercam X2 MR2
    Hi Jonnie,

That link is DEAD. ....I mean -DEAD-.

What happened over there?

CC

Smile Tekwrtr.........I hope you get it......

Originally Posted by Tekwrtr

Some of us are just employees and work for a shop so this is a great help. What would be even better is if reasonably priced independant video training was available for Gibbscam done by an experienced machinist. Why this is not available by now is to quote you- "stupid".

I just hope that "Tekwrtr" know how selfish some us machinist are. That they dont want to teach other machinist the trade specially programming without any incentive. Some machinist out there will setup a novice machinist to fail (you all know what I am talking about ) , So some of us operators learn on our own to better ourselves in our job. So we try to get any kind of help in the web. I am proud to say I learn this stuff on my own to better myself from just an operator to Prototype maker . I learned Smartcam, Bobcad, Gibbscam, Featurecam & currently using Mastercam ( I change job a lot). I was able to harness the strength of all these software to be a good machinist as well as a programmer. Again, thanks to all that take there time to answers questions in this forums. Because of them we learn a lot and become a better machinist in the process......Burgerboy

Quote Originally Posted by burgerboy View Post
    Check this site

You can download them.

for other tutorials

Hope this helps to all

Burgerboy

The PDF-document "Solid Works manual 2007.pdf" doesn't work in the site www.kxcad.net. Someone have it?? i must have it, PM me if someone here have the full manual of solid works 2007=)

Page 1 of 2 12