587,642 active members*
3,878 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 150 of 587 50100140148149150151152160200250
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 11734
    Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    I was working with WinTopo ---> http://wintopo.com/wintopo-free.htm

What program are you running that won't read lines?

My own program call CAD2Gcode. It was working real well with the dxf's you were running before inkscape.
    Thanks
    Bob

For anyone who tries WINTOPO please remember to scan it with your anti-virus progrms as every time I try it I find it's full of trojans. Even, when I try it at www.cnet.com and they guarantee that any software downloaded from their servers to be virus free.

29 cribbage board

Does any one have a dxf of the 29 cribbage board. If not I will have to do it and make it available. I did not want to do one then have three people say they have it at this site. Even the cards could help.

Hi I wanted to know if someone have the plans to cut something similar to the figures of this page http://www.cardboardsafari.com. Other interest page is www.d-torso.com. In this page if we click on the animals we can access to the plans. Click here http://www.d-torso.jp/shop/item/akic...nstruction.gif.

Thanks.

Talking NAUTICAL STAR

VERY COOL LILL PIECE OF WORK
    Attached Files Attached Files

Talking CHRISTMAS DEER

ANY1 UP 4 THE HOLIDAYS? PLASMA CUT & SUPER COOL!

Copyright infringement?

A question about Copyright.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

Never mind...

I found an excellant thread that covers the whole copyright issue. It is located below in case anyone is interested.

I would like to say and state this for the record. Any of the files I post here on cnczone are free to use for fun or profit. Its no skin off my nose if someone makes a buck or two on something I created.

I make mostly make things for myself but I do sell a couple items from time to time. :-) I have way too many gone fishing signs and have to get rid of some of them per the GF so I am selling a couple on the net but mostly they are my own creations and designs. I posted a couple of them in this thread a while back.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=16

Happy Holidays all.

Talking Music

Any1 have n e thing music related? Geared more twards guitars.

Thx

Here is the top of a music stand i am making for my son. A door to his music room out in the garage is to follow.
    What is possible? What you will!

Posting DXF Files

Trying to post some DXF Files, but having trouble. How do you post a file?

Switcher did you create the DXF R12 plugin yourself for Inkscape or did you use one that was already available? I tried searching through the Sourceforge Database for another DXF plugin, prefering something along the lines of Autocad's 2003 edition. But to no avail.
    I even tried to teach myself Python, but that's another story. When the design community states that something is easy to learn and use. They obviously don't have ME in mind.

The easiest way is if you look to the far right in the bottom corner of any post. You will see links for QUOTE, an DOUBLE APOSTRAPHE' and a QUILL PEN. CLick on the QUILL PEN and it will take you to a quick reply screen. Once there go to the bottom of the screen and click GO ADVANCED. It is here that you have the option of attaching files.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ronald44181000 View Post
    Switcher did you create the DXF R12 plugin yourself for Inkscape or did you use one that was already available? I tried searching through the Sourceforge Database for another DXF plugin, prefering something along the lines of Autocad's 2003 edition. But to no avail.
    I even tried to teach myself Python, but that's another story. When the design community states that something is easy to learn and use. They obviously don't have ME in mind.

I made the R12 plugin, I started with the "Better DXF" files which those files are a modded version of the original Inkscape dxf files.

The reason I made edits to the files was:

1) Inscape dxf files are made for a specifice machine (not for cad programs), I think the machine is called "ROBO Master".

2) The "Better Dxf" version is great, my issue was it saved as version R14, that didn't work for me I needed R12.

That's the good thing about open source software, you can make it do things that you need. The thing most developers ask is for credit toward the work they put into the program, & I do give everyone before me credit (Better DXF, Inkscape, etc...).

I'm not happy about Python, all the indent errors drive a guy crazy.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Question Posting A File

Quote Originally Posted by 01_nasty View Post
    How do you post a file?
    In addition to Ronald's answer in post # 2995 above:

-after clicking pen & going advanced then key in your message
    -scroll lower & click manage attachments
    -click browse to show files on your computer
    -select the file then click upload
    -close the manage attachments window
    -click submit or preview post

Hope this works for you & looking forward to seeing your files.

The Better DXF format doesn't work fr me on my Vista machine where as the DXF R12 does. The problem I get is if there are too many nodes it will hang my machine with the Python screen showing and nothing is created other than the file name. I was hoping by going to Sorceforge or somewhere similar I could find a plugin for Inkscape to create DXF files with better results. Other than that your creation is the best thing since sliced bread that I or anyone else who uses your inputs have found.

Switcher

Please open and look. I saved as a dxf file and a svg file. What am i doing wrong? Its not saving it as a dxf.

thanks
    What is possible? What you will!

Quote Originally Posted by ronald44181000 View Post
    The Better DXF format doesn't work fr me on my Vista machine where as the DXF R12 does. The problem I get is if there are too many nodes it will hang my machine with the Python screen showing and nothing is created other than the file name. I was hoping by going to Sorceforge or somewhere similar I could find a plugin for Inkscape to create DXF files with better results. Other than that your creation is the best thing since sliced bread that I or anyone else who uses your inputs have found.

ronald44181000, Jamf2

Here is why the Inkscape is lagging so bad on the large amount of nodes, after converting an image to a path we all know that sometimes we end up with a huge amount of nodes.

Inside both the "Better dxf" & "myDXFR12" files (mydxf_outlines.py) it's trying to flatten all the beziers in the Inkscape image that your working with, something like this here imagine the blue line in the link as the dxf file, & the red line as the bezier in Inkscape, the dxf plugin is converting those red lines to blue lines, points along the path.

This is doing the exact same thing as If you went to "effects|modify path|flatten beziers" inside of Inkscape, it's pretty much the same code.

I know this is a pain to have a limit on nodes, but for me it sure beats wintopo, & it's free.

I'm still looking at improving the plugin, I can't say for sure If or when it will happen, just that it's something I'm interested in working on.

I have found that the original dxf extension inside of Inkscape can save a VERY large file very fast, the problem is that it looks like a mess inside of any cad programs, If you can Import it at all. This is how I found out what was bogging down our plugins compared to Inkscape, by comparing the source code in an editor (VB.net 2003).

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jamf2 View Post
    Switcher

Please open and look. I saved as a dxf file and a svg file. What am i doing wrong? Its not saving it as a dxf.

thanks

The file you posted has over 600 nodes, what I did was:

1) Path|Simplify

Inside of Inkscape, that reduced the nodes down to less than 300, the problem with this method is, it will take away some detail.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

As our very own programming guru Switcher, the rest of us wait with baited breath for your next inspiration on this subject.
    I do at present own a program now that does exactly what we are all looking for except that it creates a 3D dxf file and as of yet I haven't found a CAD Viewer or for that matter any other program with which I can make use of such a file format. It's called Bmp2CNC. It's the one that I create my STL files with. While perfect for milling and routing, these files are useless for those of us that are looking for files to cut with a plasma or waterjet.

Unhappy Test

Trying to put a file onto the system. Doesnt seem to be working!!!

Page 150 of 587 50100140148149150151152160200250