587,935 active members*
4,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport R2C3 manual

Looking for a manual for the R2C3 series 1 cnc mill. If you are willing to make a copy I'd be happy to pay!
    Thx
    Paul

Need to be specific. Programming? And if so which version TNC control? Maintenance?

George W.

I should have mentioned that I just need the manual for the basic mill as I'm converting it to a Flashcut control.
    Thx

Therefore all you need are the mechanical parts. Will you be keeping the SEM servo motors and BOSCH drives?

George W.

Manual for BP CNC series 1

Hi George,

Do you have a user manual for this mill? It is retrofitted with centroid m15 control in 98, but I would need a manual for the mills mechanics and electrics.

Andy

I would have to scan it to PDF. If I get by the office and find the time I will do it. Just keep reminding me as There are a lot of demands on my time every day!

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Electricity options BP CNC S1

George, That sounds like a lot of work.

Maybe you could help me a bit quicker. Here is the problem:
    In the electric cabinet behind the machine there is a chart of part numbers for fuses etc. It seems like it is possible to run the machine on 230, 380 or 460 volt 3 phase. For 460V, the main fuses are 10A, so this would suggest it is set up for 460V. I am in Thailand where we have 380V, so it would be great to know what need be done to set it up for this voltage. The chart says that the main fuses for 380V should be 15A. There is also a list of the part numbers for 3 versions of the manual motor control for the different voltages. I have been looking for some jumpers or the like to set the power for 380V, but can't find anything. I have started the machine and it seem to work, but I would rather get this sorted the proper way. The spindle motor is wired for 230V, but it only get 205V from the enclosure. The machine ahve been upgraded with Centronics M15 control. The X axis limit switch only triggers on the minus axis side and not on the plus side. The Y axis is opposite, meaning it only trigger on the plus side of the axis, not the minus side. I thought maybe this could have something with the low power to do?

Another thing: Do you know if the spindle motor is supposed to stop if the oil level is too low? I am a bit worried as I don't know if the oil pump works. It does not make any sound or movement.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by machintek
    I would have to scan it to PDF. If I get by the office and find the time I will do it. Just keep reminding me as There are a lot of demands on my time every day!

George

I only have experience with the US machines which are 230 or 460 volts (yes, and 208). This was achieved with the transformer windings. Example I remember one transformer where one leg was coming in at 210V terminal and the other on the 20V terminal on the other side of 0. Thus added together they were 230. You can achieve 380 the same way, I hope.
    Yes, if the oil gets low, the spindle will not turn on. The oil pump runs when the spindle is on. It lifts a plunger that falls off the end of a cam about every 20 minutes and gives the machine a shot of oil. If the float switch sees a lack of oil while the spindle is running, it allows the spindle to keep running untill the spindle is shut off (tool change, etc). This is done with a latching relay.
    There are hard limit switches on each end of table/saddle travel which are wired in series with the axis enable circuit, and a ref/home switch on only one end. I hope it is homing in the correct direction.
    I hope this helps, otherwise keep asking!

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I just blew the dust off my manuals. I have a seperate parts and maintenance manual. The wiring schematic only mentions 208, 230 and 460 volts. I see 3 thansformers. Unless you have a non USA machine, it may not be set up for 380 VAC. Perhaps you can locate a external auto transformer to achieve this.
    T1 is for 110 VAC outut.
    T2 for the drives outputs plus and minus 180 VAC and 200 VAC. But it has taps for 380 V and 420 V as well. I have 2 sheets on this transformer, One showing the additional taps, and one not. You may have to give these transformers a good looking over.
    T3 is for the 24V supply.
    The parts manual for a S1 R2C3 is part number 11040829 (M-0829) copyright 1985
    Maintenance ispart number 11040802 (M-0802) also 1985 with the TNC 145.

George

Looking for manual.

Hello all, I just bought a bridgeport series 1 cnc R2C3 in good shape. Looking for manuals for it. I plan to keep it as is.

Joe
    FC metalworks
    Houston, TX

We have a Bridgeport CNC head -Series I R2C3 and would like to find parts assembly drawings in the manual. Where can I get this?

Maintenance manual. Remember that this head with minor differences is used on the BOSS 3,4,5,6,8,9, machines.
    A PDF can be had at machinemanuals.com and I have not tried to google it yet.

George