588,551 active members*
5,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Carveone..Nice drawing but i will suggest you to post a enlarge version so that it can be readable..
    You are going to the right track but still i will suggest you to extend the machine so that it can cut 4' x 8' sheet...This suggestion is just to view your beautiful shop and forseeing the future requirements and needs...

One thing bothers me Your actual working Z-height will become very less...see the attached picture.....!!!!!!!!! supposing that the tip of router bit will go above the Z-axis mount plate(Black color)... If router bit can't go up, the working Z-height will further minimize..say ~4" or 4.5"
    Hope you will post pictures as the development proceeds..
    regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC%20Router%20WorkTable.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    Carveone..Nice drawing but i will suggest you to post a enlarge version so that it can be readable..
    You are going to the right track but still i will suggest you to extend the machine so that it can cut 4' x 8' sheet...This suggestion is just to view your beautiful shop and forseeing the future requirements and needs...

One thing bothers me Your actual working Z-height will become very less...see the attached picture.....!!!!!!!!! supposing that the tip of router bit will go above the Z-axis mount plate(Black color)... If router bit can't go up, the working Z-height will further minimize..say ~4" or 4.5"
    Hope you will post pictures as the development proceeds..
    regards
    The acme lead screws only come in 3' and 6' lengths. I have the 6' length rods and will be limited to less than 6' of working area. A longer z axis will require rack and pinion drive that will cost more than I want to pay for. This size table will work ok for my hobby uses.

The only convenient way to make the drawing clearer is to attach the .dxf file. Enlarging the ,jpg file only makes it get less readable. I tried that before posting it.

I plan to increase the gantry height once I know more about how the z axis physical size works out. The height shown is about the same as the Solsylva machine's height including MDF waste board thickness. 8" is too low for sure. Up to 12" seems reasonable.

The x axis rails can moved outward from the table more and be able to cut to the edges of the 4' sheet width. Doing that may increase flexing tendencies though. Making the 2" long aluminum spacers 3" to 3.5" long may work ok though. That will make the gantry about 58" wide. If gantry flexing becomes an issue the 3" gantry rail can change to 4" and a larger box tube stiffener can be used. It will add more weight riding on the x axis rails. I think the rail mounting method can take it. We will eventually see if it works ok.

CarveOne
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com