587,626 active members*
2,986 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Gildemeister CNC Lathe NEF CT 40

It seems like Gildemeister lathes are not that easy to fix, because no one gives helpful advices. Even DMG Romania are not helping with anything, so i have to try fix it by myself, without any wiring diagram, and that's not easy... Lately, i've been having this issue: when i turn the power on, i get ERROR 431 (Chuck, no spindle enable) and i can't do anything to get rid of it. I placed a part in the chuck and locked it but still, the error won't go away. I called for a tech who usualy helps me fixing my machines and he said he's going to come see what's going on, in a couple of days, but since i don't have any wiring diagram, i don't think he would figure it out just like that. Does anyone around here have any idea on what should i check or where should i look for the problem? I sure hope someone can help Thank you.

Grigore Borota
    Romania

Hi Grigore,

Does this lathe have a vector drive (also known as) a variable frequency drive for the spindle?

If so, find a model number of the drive and see if there is a PDF manual for it on line. This might clue you in enough to the wiring that is connected to it.

I'd be looking into the E-stop circuit, which may include wiring, over travel limit switchs, air pressure switches and associated relay contacts.

If the machine homes and allows axis moves, that confirms most of the circuit integrity.

Sad your local DMG rep can't give better support or at least schematics!

DC