Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
1 why do you needa rest switch and reset inhibit explain wha advantage is there having it...
The reset switch is what engages and latches K1, in other words it turns the system ON. The reset inhibit is used to prevent the system from being enabled if K4 isn't engaged. K4 is engaged when both the coolant level and lube level switches are activated - ie, there's coolant and oil in the tanks. The idea behind this is that it may not be necassary to issue an E-stop (ie instantly stop and disable the system) just because the lube tank runs empty. On the other hand it prevents you from starting the system again until it's fixed. Does that make sense?

2.. limits ok k2 not sure pls explain
The limitswitches controls the relay K2: One of K2's contacts (11-14) is in series with the E-stop and will stop the system if one or more limits are tripped. Another of K2's contacts (21-24) switches +5V to the breakoutboard to inform Mach3 that a limit is hit. If you don't want the signal to Mach3 you could just wire all the switches in series with the E-Stop and skip K2.

As I've said before, threre's SO many different ways to wire a system like this and each has there own preferences. YMMV

3. from what i see in general most people dont plud the power to the drive motors? cus u lose you breaking step? to stop? thus you will not stop
always where u want to resume.....
Again, it depends....If it's a servo system you definetely want to cut the power to the drives, if you don't there's no way to stop the axis in case the motor runs away due to a faulty servo-drive etc. In a stepper system it's safer to leave the power to the drives ON because it's VERY unlikely a stepmotor drive will fail in a way that will cause a motor to run away.

In any case you generally can't resume a program after E-stop or Stop without re-homing because the pulse-stream coming from Mach3 is abruptly halted when you E-stop (or press stop) and the motors will lose position. The bleed resistor R1 will help break the motors by absorbing the energy returned while they coast to stop.

if i want a pause feature i wire it like a estop?
No, if you wan't to pause and be able to safely resume again you should use Feedhold. If you press E-stop or Stop you generally need to rehome, then move the machine close to where you want to resume and then use the Run from here feature in Mach3 to resume.

Does that make more sense?