587,768 active members*
3,273 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Talking PDF of my design in AutoCad

Here is a pdf file of my 3-d plasma design. It is about 90 percent complete except minor brackets and stuff...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just a note from the been there, done that file -

The "minor" brackets and stuff are not "minor" and should be the center of your design. Otherwise when you're trying to make those "minor" brackets to connect the "major" components you will run into all kinds of clearance and adjustability issues.

Be sure you provide a way to adjust every axis to be properly planar and perpendicular to the other axes. This can be simple like bolted connections with room for shimming since it will only need to be done once.

You can easily do pitch error compensation in most control software, but I haven't seen anything with the ability to do 3D axis perpendicularity compensation, i.e. apply compensation to the Y axis based on the X axis position because they are not perpendicular.

Wink Thanks

WP1

I have designed the entire machine to make sure I do not run into any problems.. That is the advantage of 3-D drawings to see any minor mishaps. I was waiting for the motors and roller bearings etc.. to come in so I can mic. them. After getting a true measurement on that peice I will go back and finish designing the brackets. Thanks for giving me the advice on the adjustable axis that is a great idea. I will bolt everything and plan to use fine steel shim stock....I will try to build the table as true as possible first. I have access to a full machine shop (my friends) this will help..

Table for WaterBed

I have just finished cutting and welding everything up for the waterbed stand. It turned out extremely well everything within a 1/16" square and level. I will start construction on the alum. waterbed this week...Here are some pics..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010443.jpg   P1010444.jpg   P1010446.jpg   P1010447.jpg  

P1010448.jpg