587,821 active members*
2,817 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 12 7891011
    Quote Originally Posted by hacksaw44 View Post
    Ok Joe,I downloaded the R-2 Version of the router from here :
    http://rs134.rapidshare.com/files/13...l_2006_R-2.zip
    Hm. That link doesn't work. There's probably a bunch of characters missing where the "..." appears. Is there an official source of the R-2 plans?

Quote Originally Posted by stokestack View Post
    Hm. That link doesn't work. There's probably a bunch of characters missing where the "..." appears. Is there an official source of the R-2 plans?
    the correct link is in post #156.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
    post #156 had the dxf files, the download link works fine. I can open the e-drawings just fine, do you have the latest viewer?

Joe
    Joe
    Thanks for pront reply.
    I think the Viewer is the last version because I have downloded at same moment.
    I'm gonna try the files in the post #156.
    Thanks for all.
    Kind regards
    pedromdf

About to build this thing and I wish the guide was more comprehensive. I have virtually no experience with things like this, so I'm a bit worried that I'll put some things together the wrong way or will end up with bunch of unused parts and then wonder what I did wrong.

Good thing Kent lives about 20 minutes away from me, otherwise I'd be in a bit of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bkboggy View Post
    About to build this thing and I wish the guide was more comprehensive. I have virtually no experience with things like this, so I'm a bit worried that I'll put some things together the wrong way or will end up with bunch of unused parts and then wonder what I did wrong.

Good thing Kent lives about 20 minutes away from me, otherwise I'd be in a bit of trouble.
    I don't think you will have any problems, just take your time and study it, it goes together faily easy, plus seeing one in person will be a benefit to you.

Joe

Hard or not, I sure can't wait to put it together. Kent's looked like a mean machine, heh

-BK

Kent's looked like a mean machine

Mean ? it's only bit me once or twice .....

I will have to admit it has chewed up a project or two ...

I am glad you liked it

kent

Does anyone possibly have a bill of material for the model 2006 that would be willing to share? I have the drawings but, since there is only one view, I'm not sure what the material thickness is. I'm thinking most of it is 3/4".

Thanks
    Kilroy

Here are the e-drawings for your review, they have the measure feature in solidworks e-drawing viewer (free) turned on.

By downloading these plans you are agreeing to use them for personal use ONLY! not to be used in any reproduction of the machine or parts other than personal use without my expressed permission.

Thanks, Joe
    Someone did not take heed(nuts)
    http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/dacostad

Quote Originally Posted by pescado_loco View Post
    Someone did not take heed(nuts)
    http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/dacostad
    David has my full blessing in selling his machine, He is building the CNC 4x4 Hybrid now, His 2006 model is a well built machine.

Joe

Joe,

I have gone through your excellent edrawings (for some reason they are very choppy with my edrawing viewer and in SW) and combed through the work logs to see if you have used some sort of thrust bearings on your ACME screws to limit any potential end play. I have my Keling KL23H286-20-8B steppers here and there doesn't seem to be any enplay in their shafts so I was wondering if thrust bearings simply are not required? Maybe I just missed them?

If there WAS a post on this subject and I missed it, sorry for asking an "old" question.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    Joe,

I have gone through your excellent edrawings (for some reason they are very choppy with my edrawing viewer and in SW) and combed through the work logs to see if you have used some sort of thrust bearings on your ACME screws to limit any potential end play. I have my Keling KL23H286-20-8B steppers here and there doesn't seem to be any enplay in their shafts so I was wondering if thrust bearings simply are not required? Maybe I just missed them?

If there WAS a post on this subject and I missed it, sorry for asking an "old" question.
    No thrust bearings were used, the pressure is taken off the motor shafts by locking the leadscrew into place. Some have also preloaded the leadscrew with springs.

Good evening. Help me please. I can't download drawings from post #156 because my ISP have limited number of external IP-addresses. So RapidShare "says" to me, that I downloading another file already. Can anyone upload these drawings to other file-exchange service?

In advance I thank, Vitus

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    Good evening. Help me please. I can't download drawings from post #156 because my ISP have limited number of external IP-addresses. So RapidShare "says" to me, that I downloading another file already. Can anyone upload these drawings to other file-exchange service?

In advance I thank, Vitus
    Vitus, try this one:

http://geno.boxgods.com/Joes_CNC_Model_2006_R-2.zip

Might be a good time to remind Joe I DID offer like 2 or 3 years ago to host all his files and movies on our servers. On a fat pipe in a world class data center. Free. No strings. Just as a thankyou for helping out the DIY guys.

I can give you your own folder Joe with FTP access if you like. Its even in Texas lol.

G

Many thanks for a hyperlink. I without problems could download this file.

Thanks Joe

I am certainly not making any profit from selling it, in fact if I calculated the loss I might cry

Anyway it was either sell it to make room for the 4x4, scrap it and throw it out or build a bigger "Man House" - I figured selling it was the best option.

The guy who won the auction will be using it for his first foray into CNC and I am glad it will go to a good home and someone else will get to appreciate the quality of the design (and build).

David

David has my full blessing in selling his machine, He is building the CNC 4x4 Hybrid now, His 2006 model is a well built machine.

Joe

Anyone have VCarve or Aspire files for Joes 2006?

Just getting ready to start a 2006 build, and was just wondering if anyone has VCarve or Aspire files? I have the DXF but it would save some time to have the vcarve files.

Thanx,
    Scott...

hellow joe,

I am currently studying Bachelor of Mechatronics Engg and I have chose mini CNC lathe for turning and facing of wood and soft metals AS my Final Year Project. I have to start right from scratch. Building of machine parts then making it CNC.

I just want to ask if I can use your design in my project (ofcourse i will cite ur proper reference in my project report)

Thank you. I am downloading this Joes_CNC_MODEL_2006_r2.zip 28MB file.

Please do reply back either in this forum or through PM(more gud if u provide me ur complete contact details to cite in my project report)

EDIT: WRONG POST I should have took a look on the file i downloaded. Its like gantry cutter.

Well, I'm pretty pumped up.. Just placed an order for your 2006 model kit, Joe. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm looking forward to building/using this machine. Any guidance or advice is most appreciated. Jim McGrew (from Sawmill Creek Forum) pointed me in your direction. I've since read many good things about your design and service. It's tough to wait.. :violin:

Quote Originally Posted by RiceCustomRich View Post
    Well, I'm pretty pumped up.. Just placed an order for your 2006 model kit, Joe. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm looking forward to building/using this machine. Any guidance or advice is most appreciated. Jim McGrew (from Sawmill Creek Forum) pointed me in your direction. I've since read many good things about your design and service. It's tough to wait.. :violin:
    There is quite a bit of builds here to follow, with tons of pictures, the machine is pretty easy to build, I would make a directory on your computer and start saving some pictures for guidance, maybe break it down with sub directories of the components of the machine.

Page 9 of 12 7891011