587,616 active members*
3,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Welding Brazing Soldering Sealing > Considering Ramsond Super 200P TIG/Plasma Inverter

Hybrid View

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by marcgvky View Post
    Well, guys. I am a little disappointed. A couple of problems with the unit, one major one minor.

Major issue: The HF start is not functioning, so, no arc start on plasma torch :-(

Major issue: The adjustment for gas pre-flow and gas post-flow on the don't seem to have any impact on the actual length of time for the pre- and -post flow.

Minor issue: The "moisture drain cock" on the air flow regulator pops open and stays open each time the gas flow solenoid closes.... annoying and a waste of argon, to be sure.

I have an email into the tech service people. Updates to follow.
    I have similar comments: It is a matter of QC and also shipping damage due to lack of care in the mechanical part of the electronics. All parts in this kind of product must be anchored or they will shake lose and some functions will not work or even be non-functional. My recommendation is if you are thinking of buying one and there is not a free repair policy INCLUDING SHIPPING BOTH WAYS. then don't buy. Also before switching the unit on YES THE FIRST TIME YOU UNPACK IT IF POSSIBLE if not and you were tempted to try it out, make sure power has been off for at least 15 minutes, take the covers off and look at anything that can move, it probably has! Make sure all screws are tight especially anything big and with lots of wire or copper strip. Check all the connectors to see that they are seated and all the way in. If there is any part or wires that can move around. See if you can anchor it securely. The usual method is to use a form of hot melt, this works for some parts but not all . You might need ties or I like good old lacing twine, ( now called Dental floss, get the waxed kind it's easier to tie.) Any questions please feel free to post them here and I 'll try and respond.
    The question of the water /gas separator pressure regulator staying open puzzles me too because it closes from the gas pressure. With an argon rate regulator on the tank there is no pressure to speak of and the valve just stays open.. anyone got an answer for this.
    My guess is that the TIG welders in China don't care about wasting argon or they don't use a flow rate adjustor.. how you use a pressure regulator to set a flow rate is another mystery to me.. but I am an EE so forgive me. I fixed the problem by putting a clip on the relief valve so it is closed all the time. It works but...
    Themotorman

Quote Originally Posted by themotorman View Post
    The question of the water /gas separator pressure regulator staying open puzzles me too because it closes from the gas pressure. With an argon rate regulator on the tank there is no pressure to speak of and the valve just stays open.. anyone got an answer for this.
    My guess is that the TIG welders in China don't care about wasting argon or they don't use a flow rate adjustor.. how you use a pressure regulator to set a flow rate is another mystery to me.. but I am an EE so forgive me. I fixed the problem by putting a clip on the relief valve so it is closed all the time. It works but...
    Themotorman
    Why are you routing the argon through the air reg?
    www.GiantTechPlasmaCutter.com